Newbie in the Asheville, NC area

Newbie in the Asheville, NC area

Asheville, NC · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes

Hello everyone! Just wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. I'm new to real estate investing and interested in buy and hold rentals (SFR). I've worked as a Police Officer for the last 15 yrs and have a unique perspective on the community. I'm looking forward to meeting other like-minded investors. I'm an avid fan of the Bigger Pockets podcast....Keep up the good work!

2Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 13 votes
8y

Hey Wade, I'm still living in California but recently purchased a home in West Asheville for our family. I have three deals that I'm working on that are currently under contract; a 31 unit in WAVL, an 8 plex in Canton and then a commercial/live work 4 plex in Canton. All buy and hold strategy with hopes that I can land at least two of these, in DD period now on a couple of them.

Once I'm out there full time, likely in August, I hope to join the local CREIA and perhaps we can meet up. 

Good Luck in AVL!

Thanks, Robert Medina

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Trexie E.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Support · Davao, Davao del Sur · Member since 2015 · 937 posts · 163 votes
    8y

    Hi @Wade Cecil

    Welcome to BP! We're happy to have you here and making connections! If you have questions all about BP, please feel free to reach out and I would be glad to help you! Happy Investing!

    BiggerPockets
  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 13 votes
    8y

    Hey Wade, I'm still living in California but recently purchased a home in West Asheville for our family. I have three deals that I'm working on that are currently under contract; a 31 unit in WAVL, an 8 plex in Canton and then a commercial/live work 4 plex in Canton. All buy and hold strategy with hopes that I can land at least two of these, in DD period now on a couple of them.

    Once I'm out there full time, likely in August, I hope to join the local CREIA and perhaps we can meet up. 

    Good Luck in AVL!

    Thanks, Robert Medina

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Wade Cecil

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 5 votes
    8y

    @Robert Medina good luck on your upcoming deals! Feel free to reach out to me when you get settled in here in Asheville. I am very familiar with WAVL. You gotta check out Universal Joint for the best burgers in town (IMO).

  • Real Estate Broker · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 138 posts · 63 votes
    8y

    Welcome!

  • Derek RobinsonPro Member
    Real Estate Coach · Asheville, NC · Member since 2016 · 176 posts · 172 votes
    8y

    @Wade Cecil Hey Wade!  I live in West Asheville (a block behind Ujoint!).  I've been a full time investor for 2 years or so, investing for about 12 years.  I started with single family, now do a little bit of everything.  Let me know if I can help you in any way.  Welcome!

  • Asheville, NC · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    @Wade Cecil Welcome!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.