New Member - Spartanburg SC - Caleb Sundell

6 Replies

Hey Guys, My name is Caleb Sundell, I am a young sports performance coach and I’m looking to start getting into real estate investing for the long term. I am looking at SFHs and some small multi-family’s in the Spartanburg area. I am completely new, I read Rich Dad, Poor Dad about 3 weeks ago and it got me really excited about real estate investing but I haven’t found many people in the area who could really show me the ropes. So far I am trying to find someone I can learn from and also finding out if there are any investor friendly real estate agents in the area. I would really appreciate any help. Thank you, Caleb

Hey Caleb, there’s a meeting at Denny’s on Reidville Rd at the I-26 exit on Wednesday mornings at 7:30. Lots of wisdom and experience. It’s open to anyone. I highly recommend checking it out.

Welcome to BP Caleb! I would definitely attend the meet up mentioned by @JD Morris . On finding someone that is successful in your area, you may call some rental ads from craigslist in your area. You may run across an investor that manages their own properties, and potentially be willing to go for coffee sometime. Good luck!

@Caleb Sundell you’re in the right spot. Just spend time on BP, go to some local meet ups and listen to podcasts.

Feel free to look me up if you’re ever in the Raleigh area.

P.S. you have a fantastic first name

Hi Caleb. I started investing about 7 months ago and just completed my first flip and have a buy and hold I am getting ready to rent. I did meet a great investor friendly realtor in the process. TJ Young with BHG Young and Company helped me tremendously and he understands the needs of an investor, as he also invests. Good luck to you and let me know if I can help in any way.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you