Multi family properties

7 Replies

Hello! 

I'm new to the game, but i have figured out that multi family homes is a great option for me since i will be using one of the units.

I'm therefor looking for a small (3-4) multi family home (MFH) in Myrtle beach area, but im lost in all my seaches... 
I have tried to use Zillow but cant find much...  

What is you best tip for finding Multi family homes??

Off topic:

How much should my first investment be at? I was telling myself no more then $250,000

Best regards
Nikolai

@Nikolai Lundbakk I would hold back on investing for the time being and focus on educating yourself. This includes understanding your big WHY, chalking out a financial plan, understanding the ins and outs of your investment and then networking like mad in your preferred market. 

The last part - networking - is the most important. It will help you separate the wheat from the chaff. Most public listings - Zillow, Trulia, Redfin, Realtor - either do not offer compelling investment value or will have multiple bids. 

You want to find a combination of cash flow + appreciation. That will only happen when you consult with local investors, realtors and other professionals.

Originally posted by @Chuy Gonzalez :

Realtor.com has a filter where you can click "multi-family units"

Hello and thanks for helping out!
The problem is that even if i filter to only ''multi family units'' they show me single units for sale in a multi family property ... 

Thanks for your advice! @Omar Khan

I do need more knowlege for sure!

I do need a long term financial plan! What do you put in to a financial plan ? 

And i already have started my networking =) Networking is important and fun! I love meeting new people =)

Rigth now im at Zillow looking at any homes and running the numbers for Cas flow just to practise. I feel like it helps.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you