New to Investing in Marysville/Everett Wa

9 Replies

I’m new to real estate investing in the Marysville, Wa. My husband is Navy and we are stationed in Everett. We are hoping Real estate investing will allow our family to transition out of the military to a financially stable future for our 3 children. My husband and I started a real estate investment company and we have big goals in this industry. We want to start rehabbing homes but we are starting our real estate ventures in wholesaling houses. Back in May I enrolled to get my real estate agent license and I feel like it will be a benefit to my company.  

Of course since we are new to the area we are looking for local real estate agents to network with who can give us a feel for the market climate and whom we can refer clients to. And also something I’m quite nervous about finding in this area are rehabbers and buyers since I’m not getting a lot of investor responses around Marysville. I would love to partner some deals with other investors and gain some knowledge while also helping local investors. I’m really confident in my business but I really would appreciate any advice or help which is why I have come to bigger pockets. 

Vonecia the 

Hi @Vonecia.   Welcome to the beautiful Puget Sound and welcome to bigger pockets.  I hope you can find all the resources you need here.  I am new to investing as well, but will be a buyer and rehabber myself.  It would be great to stay in touch and perhaps there will be an opportunity to work on some deals together.  Good luck!

@Vonecia Holbert

Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Nice to meet you @Matthew Kimball! I appreciate the welcome. Congratulations, and may you see success in your business. It would be great to to stay in touch. I’ll be sure to get you my information so that I might learn more about your business and any way my business may benefit you. Best of wishes

Vonecia,

The hardest job in the Navy, being a Navy wife.  Huge respect to you, lady.

You are in a great area up there in Everett!  Just go to your local meetups, and find who you can find.  Find a way to help other investors doing what they do, and maybe earn while you learn.  That could be any number of things.  Get your name out there. 

Sometimes they might charge for helping you -- most folks here on BP would council you to avoid those people, but don't totally discount them either.  In one case that I found here in Houston, the cost if low enough and the value is high enough, that it made a LOT of sense.  Your time is valuable also, and you only have so long that you will be stationed there.  But, just be very careful in this space, as I am sure you would be.  

Better if you can partner up with somebody and just split profits for a while.  But it starts with what you can do for them, and not the other way around, since they are already at that place where you want to go.

EDIT:

BTW some of the most helpful and coolest investor folks that I know here in Houston, I have met right here on BP.

@Vonecia Holbert The Cascadia Investors Alliance has a Marysville, WA meetup on the 4th Monday of every month. It is from 7pm - 9pm @ the Bob's Burgers. Come grab some food and a drink and meet some of the local investors.

They primarily use meetup.com for posting their events & keeping track of RSVPs, you can find other real estate related events there as well.

Best of luck with your real estate license!

Hi @Vonecia Holbert , welcome to BP!

My husband and I are both active duty and stationed in Everett, we have just started investing locally but hope to expand our business.  I love networking and having conversations with like-minded people.  We should definitely stay connected! Good luck you and the success of your business!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you