New Investor in multi-family

4 Replies

Hi, just wanted to send out a note to let the community know I am looking to get involved with multi-family investing.  Right now, I have been looking for and analyzing multi-family properties in the Greensboro, Asheboro, Asheville, Winston Salem, Raleigh, Cary, Garner areas of North Carolina.  I have also been looking in the Pueblo, Colorado area as well as the Kennewick/Pasco/Richland areas of Washington due to being familiar with those areas.  If you have properties and/or suggestions about how I can review more deals in those areas, please feel free to pass my name along.  Look forward to getting more connected.

Hey Adam,
Welcome to the family and the exciting world of investing. Check out the Spokane market, some great opportunity with very low vacancy rates. Shoot me a message, would love to chat with you.

@Adam Gardner Congrats on deciding to invest! In terms of property type, unsure whether you plan to start with residential (2-4 units) or commercial (5+ units). So will give you a generic advice. Take all of the properties you can find in your area on MLS or loopnet and analyze them. Also, connect with the RE brokers that post the most number of properties and share with them your investment criteria and get on their DL. Maintain and build upon these relationship by staying in touch and always responding to them as to whether a particular property is or is not a good fit for you and why! Eventually they'll get the idea of what you're looking for. And then it should pay off.

Best!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you