New Investor to Philly Market

12 Replies

Hey everyone!  I am new to the community and so excited to get to network with people and learn from the wealth of knowledge this community brings.

I've thought about my strategy and ideally would like to find a house to flip and use that capital going forward on several other flips and keep some to rent out.  I live in Bensalem, PA so not sure if I would find better opportunities in Philadelphia, or Bucks County.  I am open to any suggestions that anyone has to offer, or even if you'd like to just catch up and talk business let me know!

I have owned one investment property before while I was living in NJ.  I had a rental property in Seaside Heights, NJ and did weekly rentals mostly through Airbnb.  That was a great experience overall, but sold that when I moved to PA about 1 1/2 years ago.

welcome to BP. Congrats on your decision to seek financial freedom in RE it’s a wonderful feeling. We are working on a couple deals in both Pitt and Phili. Both good markets but very different. East of the rivers in Pitt there are a number of Up and coming little communities. 

Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  You can definitely find houses to flip in either Bucks or Philadelphia, its all a matter of how much money you have to start investing with.  In Bucks, Levittown is a really good area for flipping. There are many areas in Philadelphia that you could flip in.  I'm an agent/investor in the area, let me know if you have any questions 

@Daniel Laino

Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
Check out BP Podcasts: http://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/category/podcast/

If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

Wishing you the best!

Welcome! Philly is great for flipping, but I am a little biased since I am investing there myself. Have you already narrowed down what kind of project you are looking to undertake? There are some good wholesalers in the area that you might want to connect and network with, I have gotten a ton of value being an out of state investor from wholesalers.

Hey Daniel, welcome to BP. The Philly market is a great market to get into right now. There’s a ton of inventory and even more room to make money. I have actually sold Mauricio a couple of off-market wholesale deals and I would be glad to work with you and get some deals in front of you as well. I work for a private investment firm that moves 20-30 off-market deals every month. Let’s get in touch and talk about getting you that first Philly investment. 

Hi Daniel,

Welcome! I'm an active investor in Philly and happy to chat with you if you ever have questions. I flip in Philly, and invest in value-add multi-family out of state.

Hi Everyone I am new to wholesaling and am in the Philly market. Any tips or good advice from you seasoned professionals about being a successful wholesaler? Airtight clauses to put in the PnS and Assignment contract? Thanks a bunch and happy real estating everyone! If anyone is looking to buy in the West Philadelphia area let me know.

@Daniel Laino Welcome to the community! Im also in Philly, let me know if you ever want to connect or partner on something. Im also looking for a flip in the area right now as well. I work in the 26th district so I know Fishtown, East Kensington, and the East side of North Philly very well. Let me know if you have any questions. 

HI all, I’m a new investor to the Philly market. Interested to purchase mIxed use or multi in B neighborhoods for B & H CASH FLOW. Up to 1M. Looking for real estate agent with past investment experience working with investors. Please PM me. Thank you

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you