Flipper/Rehabber · Des Moines, IA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
Just wanted to say hello to everyone on BP and if anyone knows of any good investors in the Des Moines area I’m open to all the suggestions. Also if there’s a particular method on finding a good investor that would be helpful too. Excited to get this ball rollin.
Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.
I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.
First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:
Investor · Seattle/Tacoma WA · Member since 2016 · 55 posts · 33 votes
8y
Hey Tanner,
I grew up in Clinton! I'd love to do some investing in Iowa, yet am not familiar with the ins and outs of the market there...obviously, the prices are lower and the barrier to entry is as well. Are you interested in multi-family? I'd love to invest in some good cash flowing properties in Iowa!
BiggerPockets Support · Bridge City, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 367 votes
8y
Hi @Tanner Gregurich! Welcome to the BiggerPockets family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! Here are some recommendations for you:
Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet
Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
Welcome to BP and the investing world in Des Moines. I’d be interested to hear what your goals are. The Des Moines area is my focus as well. If there’s anything I can do to help, let me know!
Flipper/Rehabber · Madison, WI · Member since 2017 · 49 posts · 14 votes
8y
Hey Tanner, welcome!
My very brief and simple opinion to find an investor:
1) Find a deal.
2) Be prepared to show an investor how and where they will make $$. (The numbers gotta make sense.)
3) Post the basics of your deal on BP under Reviews and Feedback > Real Estate Deal Analysis and Advice. Members of BP will NOT steal your deal - most likely encourage you how to proceed (or not) and there will be some who can help you in different ways including investing. Now YOU'RE "holding the gold" as they say. Probably the best advertising IMO.
I also think with your experience in remodel construction, other members will be happy to partner with you on a deal.
Again, my two cents - worth what you paid for. Good luck to you!
Investor · Independence, IA · Member since 2016 · 103 posts · 88 votes
8y
I always use Rusty at Smith D&L Insurance in Independence to insure all of my rentals. He brokers a few different companies. But I've never had anyone beat his price or service!
Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.
I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.
First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP: