New Investor to Bay Area/Sacramento

6 Replies

Hello BP Members!

I recently moved into the Bay Area for a new job.  I am on a quest to educate myself in real estate within NorCal.  I am interested in Buy/Hold and Flips.  I know that investing is not ideal in the Bay Area/San Francisco area right now but I have taken interest in Sacramento.  I have a friend who lives there and tells me that the opportunity is growing within that market, especially for buy/holds.  

I am looking to connect with other investors & agents who know the area and have experience in investing there.  I have been doing my own diligence as well to self educate, but there is no better source than experience.  I look forward to many connections and conversations through this journey and hope to become a great source for others as well!

Hi Pavan,

Can you be more specific?  I plan to do individual investments, as well as partnering with other people depending on the size of the opportunity.

Updated almost 3 years ago

Hi @Pavan Sandhu, Which neighborhoods do you recommend staying away from? And which area's are you noticing a growth?

Hi Danny, Welcome to the Bay Area!!! I was born and raised in the Oakland area so I know the market really well. I work with a lot of investors who invest in the Oakland and surrounding areas. The Bay Area market is slowing down a bit it's not as crazy. I'm seeing a lot of price reductions and expired listings due to over pricing. I think the Bay Area market will soon become a buyers market again. 

Thanks for reaching out Markeshia! I know that a lot has changed in Oakland over the years and will definitely be keeping both eyes out in the market.  Would you say that most investors are cash flowing in their rentals?

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you