New Investor in Waxahachie, TX

New Investor in Waxahachie, TX

Rental Property Investor · Waxahachie, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes

I have been lurking long enough and I guess this is the best place to start. I live in Waxahachie, TX with my wife and three kids and currently work in the energy industry. I have house hacked (did not know that is what I was doing at the time) four houses over the years but never knew enough about real estate to consider making it legitimate source of income until recently. I have been on biggerpockets over a year and have read a lot of books and just need to do something to get started. I have analyzed hundreds of properties, saw a couple really good deals that I should have jumped on but did not. 

Thanks in Advance

Cody 

1Reply
31 views

Most Popular Reply

Midlothian, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
8y

Hi Cody, I live in Midlothian, right next to you. I’m somewhat of a lurker right now while I figure out what my first steps will be, but I’m also looking to purchase my first rental property in the next 1-2 years, likely in Ellis county. Welcome!!

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2018 · 109 posts · 108 votes
    8y

    @Cody J. Welcome to BP! How is the rental market in Waxahachie?

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Cody J.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Waxahachie, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Grayson Wester:

    @Cody J. Welcome to BP! How is the rental market in Waxahachie?

     @Brianne Magott I believe it is pretty good, all of DFW seems pretty hot at the moment but I am still trying to figure it out. 

  • Midlothian, TX · Member since 2017 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    8y

    Hi Cody, I live in Midlothian, right next to you. I’m somewhat of a lurker right now while I figure out what my first steps will be, but I’m also looking to purchase my first rental property in the next 1-2 years, likely in Ellis county. Welcome!!

  • Rental Property Investor · Dallas, TX · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hi Cody, I am just north of you in DeSoto, TX and I am looking to get started in real estate myself. I really like the town of Waxahachie and have done some driving for dollars there. I also have a wife and two kids going on this journey together. We should meet and get to know other investors south of Dallas. You can email me direct if you would like to. 

  • Waxahachie, TX · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Greetings, Cody and everyone here, also from Waxahachie! Just moved into the area back in September. I am also lurking around the edge of this pool without having jumped in yet. I am really trying to understand whether I am in the right position to do so yet. I am currently working through pre-licensing courses for Texas real estate. I have a wife who is totally on board with this endeavor. We also have eight young children. Clearly, I have very strong reasons to pursue this change, but for the same reasons I must exercise the utmost prudence (without compromising the call to take some risk).

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.