• Hudson Valley, NY
Votes |
US Veteran & Newbie in NYC/Westchester area

Chris Mooney
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Hudson Valley, NY
Posted Aug 24 2018, 15:36

Hi all!

I'm just starting to learn about real estate investing. I recently completed an MBA and have spent the last few years learning about stock market investing, but I want to invest in real estate in order to live more on my own terms. The end goal for me is freedom. This is a goal I'll eventually develop. I was very fortunate to do A LOT of traveling in my twenties thanks to the military and side hustles, and I want my future to be full of the same lifestyle, but I want to be more financially stable while doing so.

That being said, I understand the challenging road that lies ahead. I am a US veteran and hope to use a no money down VA loan or an FHA loan to house hack for a while. Once I have enough equity, I'll look to refinance and acquire another property. That's the idea in my head anyway. I don't know much about REI yet, so as time goes on, I'm sure the strategy will change.

For now, I'm just hoping to learn as much as possible, build a good network of people (online and in person), and add value in every way I can. 

Best

Chris

Loading replies...