Mechanical Engineer From San Diego, CA

Mechanical Engineer From San Diego, CA

New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 1 vote
Hi BP community! My name is Eugene Cho and am currently working as a Mechanical Engineer. I grew up in the Coachella Valley and moved to San Diego in 2003. I have always been somewhat interested in real estate investing, but like most people, didn’t know how diverse and flexible it could be. My interest and education on real estate investing took off when I started listening to the BP podcasts during my daily commute to work. I found myself getting more and more pumped up to get started after every show. I’ve been listening to the podcasts for about 6 months now and I finally feel that I’m at a place where I want to take my first steps towards purchasing a property. I’ve picked up several books frequently mentioned on the BP podcast, including, The Book On Investing in Real Estate with No (and Low) Money Down. I’ll also be attending my first REI meet up in San Diego in about two weeks. I’m really excited to learn more, not only through the podcasts, reading, and others but through my first deal. I look forward to meeting and getting to know the community here on BP. -Eugene
0Reply
14 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    @Eugene Cho Welcome aboard. I’m also a ME. Your background will be helpful in REI
  • Jo-Ann LapinPro Member
    Loan Officer · Tustin, CA · Member since 2015 · 3k+ posts · 713 votes
    8y

    Welcome Eugene . Happy to network and assist.

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Eugene Cho

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Rental Property Investor · Honolulu, HAWAII (HI) · Member since 2011 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    8y

    @Eugene Cho

    Welcome. I am also a Engineer and started buying out of state. Its a great way especially in this market because your time is more valuable than money. Sorry but its true.

  • Kevin FoxPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 635 votes
    8y

    Hey @Eugene Cho

    Welcome to BP!

    Let me know if you have any questions about how to get started investing in SD.

  • Ellis HammondPro Member
    Investor · Leawood, KS · Member since 2017 · 178 posts · 108 votes
    8y

    Hey @Eugene Cho! I also am in SD and attend the SDCIA real estate meetup most months. Look forward to connecting more! Reach out if I can help get you started or resource you in any way! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.