Votes
Vlad Denisov
  • Glendale, CA
Votes |
From poker to Real Estate

Vlad Denisov
  • Glendale, CA
Posted Sep 23 2018, 20:03

Hi all, I'm Max. I live in Glendale, CA.

I love extreme sports, risk-taking, great jokes, interesting and honest people. I used to play poker before and now want to switch to RE. The experience I got from poker gave me a lot, so even though I'm completely new to RE, I see A LOT OF patterns in it. There are sites like BP for poker and it look very similar to that. I want to apply my experience from poker to my learning process in RE to get there as fast and efficient as I possibly can. Something that helped me on my way as a poker player was surrounding. I had a chat with over 30 people where we discussed strategies, ideas, bad decisions, great moves, etc. The first thing that speeds you up is getting from theory to practice. I think the same applies here. I also understand that relationship between any people have to be healthy. What I mean is it have to be beneficial and exciting for both of you. I want to go out there and check out how it works in a real world - how do people look at properties, how they talk, how they find people, how do they sign contracts, what do they consider important and what is something you just don't  want to waste your time for.

Where do I find those people who can let me watch and learn? What benefit can I bring to them for letting me get this knowledge? Is it local RE agents who are the best people to try with?

Thank you for your time to read this.

Loading replies...