New to BP - New to Real Estate

New to BP - New to Real Estate

Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes

Hello,

My name is Mike, I am in the Richmond VA area, and I just wanted to introduce myself. First post on BP and it only took me two weeks. I have, however, been listening to pod casts and reading and learning all that time. Feeling like I found something I was missing for a long time.

Thanks

2Reply
21 views

19 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • BiggerPockets Support · Manila, Philippines · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 148 votes
    7y

    @Michael Austin

    Welcome to BP! This is the best place to grow your knowledge in Real Estate. Glad to have you with us.

    BiggerPockets
  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Thank you @Rachelle Rodavia Very glad to be here!

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Michael and good luck investing!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Michael Austin welcome to BP. I know we have a number of members from the Richmond area.

  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Ned Carey  thanks!  I was born and raised for about 10 years just outside of Charm City.  Still have lots of friends and family in the area.  I hope the investments are much hotter than my two favorite pro sports franchises.

  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Andrew Syrios thank you sir!  I'll have to check out your podcast episode

  • Eric GiovannucciBusiness Member
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2014 · 172 posts · 99 votes
    7y

    @Michael Austin

    Welcome to BP! Its a great feeling diving in here and broadening your base of knowledge and expanding your network. 

    I am here at Fort Lee for about another month or so, if you're going to a REIA or want to meet-up for coffee, feel free to drop me a line.

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Michael Austin

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Eric Giovannucci

    Thank you for the invite. I was going to post and ask about any REIAs or meet ups in the area. I checked the board and the closest one is in VA Beach so far, but I'm not opposed to making that trip. We can certainly grab a coffee, my treat.

  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Brandon L.

    Much appreciated!!  I’ll be digging into these today. 

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Michael Austin

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    Wishing you the best!

  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Dmitriy Fomichenko Thank you for the information.
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Michael Austin:

    @Andrew Syrios thank you sir!  I'll have to check out your podcast episode

     Thanks Michael and you should definitely check it out, it's absolutely legendary! At least so I'm told : )

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 241 posts · 136 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Michael Austin - better late than never, immerse yourself in the content but nothing replaces experience. Most experienced investors are on here too so feel free to post topics, being specific really helps to detailed answers. If you are ever in Austin, Texas - let's grab a beer!

  • Rental Property Investor · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Hey there -- if you have any questions, my background is in real estate investment banking, REITs and equities trading.

    Cheers!

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2017 · 187 posts · 108 votes
    7y

    Welcome from Hawaii!

  • Lender · Chesterfield, VA · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Jarrod Covey @Account Closed 

    Thank you all.  

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    7y

    @Michael Austin hello and welcome to BiggerPockets!


    You just took one of the most difficult steps in real estate investment; the first step. Reaching out to seasoned investors in BiggerPockets.

    We are glad to have you here, Michael.

    Happy to help in any way I can.

    I wish you the best in your real estate investing career!

  • Lender · Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 241 posts · 136 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Michael Austin

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.