New to BP and just bought 6 BP Books!

New to BP and just bought 6 BP Books!

Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes

Hello! My name is Kris and I'm pretty new to Bigger Pockets. I had to post the amazing book deals happening right now until Monday Nov 26, 2018. I just bought 6! 

I have already finished:

Set for life - Scott Trench (changed my life)

No and Low Money Down - Brandon Turner (my first BP book)

The Book on: "Managing Rental Properties" & "Rental Property Investing"

I've had my eyes on a few others and when I heard BP was having a sale on books I told my beautiful most amazing wife "now is the time to buy my Christmas gifts"! She just bought me the following books *Not that I was peeking*

How to Invest in Real Estate - Joshua Dorkin & Brandon Turner (The King & Prince of BP)

Retire Early with Real Estate - Chad Carson (amazing podcast ep 293)

Raising Private Capital - Matt Faircloth (Fantastic podcast on ep 289)

Long-Distance Real Estate Investing - David Greene (Recommended by my hero, Andrew Cushman ep 279)

Finding and Funding Great Deals - Anson Young

The Book on Tax strategies for the Savvy Real Estate Investor - Amanda Han & Matthew MacFarland (both very smart people who talk in-depth and the new tax codes in ep 269)

Super excited to dive into these books! T. Harv Eker said it best "If you're not where you want to be its because there is something you still don't know".

I will be buying my first 2-4 plex early next year and would love to connect with anyone near the Sacramento area or anyone just to chat! Happy Thanksgiving everyone and a huge thank you to BP for such a great sale. I have no doubt these books are going to change my life!

Cheers!

2Reply
38 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

Hello! @Kris Zabish

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :) 

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chad CarsonPro Member
    Investor · Clemson, SC · Member since 2008 · 179 posts · 156 votes
    7y

    Thanks for getting my book! Merry Christmas;) You have a good collection there with a lot of helpful information. Good luck with the 2-4 Plex. 

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Kris Zabish

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Chad Carson @Chad Carson thanks Chad! Loved your podcast and your way of thinking. It’s definitely helping me move towards Retirement. I also believe in the mini retirements so that is a must. I’ll be sure to leave an awesome review once I finish your book. :)
  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @George Blower thank you sir!
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Kris Zabish

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent.

    There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :) 

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Brandon L. Awesome! I’m jump in today!
  • Realtor · Rocklin · Member since 2016 · 128 posts · 67 votes
    7y

    Hey Kris!  Welcome to BP!  Reading those books will definitely give you some great education and a strong foundation.  Don't let it be a substitute to getting out there to start meeting investors face to face!  There's a couple Real estate meetups in the Sacramento area and another that meets regularly in Roseville.  Where are you hoping to find your multifamily property?

  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 515 votes
    7y

    Hey @Kris Zabish and welcome to Bigger Pockets! Bigger Pockets is a great place to network, learn about the real estate investing business, and get deals done correctly. Congrats and I wish you tons of success. 

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Kim Stofan hey Kim! Definitely on the same page! Super funny you said that as I was reading the NorCalREIA website haha. Which ones do you attend? Would love to connect with other BP members. I work in the Rosemont area and following @Scott Trench book I’m planning on moving as close as possible to my work to house hack while still finding a B neighborhood to live in. I currently live in Dimond Springs.
  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Jack Butala Thanks Jack! How’s the LA market? Do you invest out of state?
  • Dan HandfordPro Member
    Investor · Lexington, SC · Member since 2018 · 779 posts · 501 votes
    7y

    @Kris Zabish This is awesome! I'd be glad to connect with you. I'm hosting a multifamily meetup in Sacramento in a couple weeks. Here's a link to the event on BP: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/641821-multifamily-investor-nation-networking I'd also like to connect with @Kim Stofan as well. 

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Dan Handford Hey Dan! That’s freaking awesome! Thank you so much for posting that link. I have to check with my secretary (my wife) to see if she has something Christmas planned lol! I’m planning on being there! Also super interested in syndication!
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to the BP family @Kris Zabish ! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Dmitriy Fomichenko thanks Dmitriy!
  • Washington, DC · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Welcome Kris and congrats on the nice scoop of great titles!

    I am also hoping to by my first small multifamily this next year. Hoping the best in those endeavors as we hunt for great properties!

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Junie Joseph Awesome Junie! What has been your greatest resource so far?
  • Washington, DC · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Great question @Kris Zabish! For me, it has been a new friend I've made over the last three months that started his journey into real estate investing a few years ago and has been a great mentor/encourager to make bold moves.

    What has been your greatest resource thus far?

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Junie Joseph that’s awesome! For me it’s been the BP podcasts. I am working on getting to a few meetings and I think networking will be my next great resource. Hope I can find a friend just as you did :)
  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 791 posts · 479 votes
    7y

    @Kris Zabish congrats on jumping both feet in! I see your also interested in syndication. It is a great way to pass over the smaller unit game. I am willing to share my experience with you in the syndicaiton space. 

  • Sacramento area · Member since 2018 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    @Scott Morongell that sounds awesome!!! I am a sponge and would love to hear your Perspective!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.