Fresh college grad working towards FI through real estate

Fresh college grad working towards FI through real estate

New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
Hi everyone! My name is Brian and I just moved to Wichita, KS this week after accepting a full-time engineering position. I would love to talk with a realtor or someone who could use some extra hussle on their deals. I'm mostly interested in multi family properties but am open to any good deals :)
0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Jeremy TaggartBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 850 posts · 646 votes
7y

@Brian Erhart congrats on getting a full time job right out of college! I'd definitely recommend house hacking to get started. You can learn the ropes and maybe even make some money if you buy the right deal. You can probably get some pretty good cash flow in the Wichita market I would assume. 

DHRE- The Jeremy Taggart Team590 Reviews
View Page
See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jeremy TaggartBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 850 posts · 646 votes
    7y

    @Brian Erhart congrats on getting a full time job right out of college! I'd definitely recommend house hacking to get started. You can learn the ropes and maybe even make some money if you buy the right deal. You can probably get some pretty good cash flow in the Wichita market I would assume. 

    DHRE- The Jeremy Taggart Team590 Reviews
    View Page
  • New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Jeremy Taggart thank you for your kind reply! It is my dream to own property in Pittsburgh someday. I don't know the market there, but I hope business is boomin! P.S. Go Steelers!
  • Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Welcome Brian ,

    I have been living in Wichita close to 20 years and I think it’s a great place to start investing. I also recently graduated and bought my first home and am now looking to start buying real estate here. Like @Jeremy Taggart said it would be very easy to find something to house hack here. 

  • New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Hi @Horacio Gonzalez, Congrats on buying a house! I'm glad to hear you say it is easy to start investing here. If you are looking for someone else to talk about real estate, hit me up! I am always looking for other like-minded people. Best of luck on your search for more property! - Brian
  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 821 posts · 255 votes
    7y

    @Brian Erhart Welcome to BiggerPockets and Congratulations on your new position. You had mentioned it is your dream to own property in Pittsburgh someday. You can certainly make that a reality. It's a very strong market for Investors as the buy-in is a lot better than other more saturated markets. If you ever want to talk more about the market here, feel free to reach out to me. And Yes, Go Steelers! That was a heartbreaking game this past Sunday. lol

  • New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Gary Swank Yes it was! Hopefully we can bounce back this week. I will definitely keep that in mind! My goal is to have a vacation home there in the next ten years. Hopefully by then I will be close to getting my season tickets! Best wishes! - Brian
  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    7y

    @Brian Erhart - welcome - Lots of active Wichita folks here.  I moved to Topeka a year ago but still own property in Wichita and wish to continue buying there.

  • New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Shane H. Thats great to hear! Let me know the next time you're in town, I would love to meet up!
  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Brian Erhart:
    @Shane H. Thats great to hear! Let me know the next time you're in town, I would love to meet up!

    I'm back occasionally and during most holidays - Thanksgiving, Christmas - Easter etc - feel free to email or text me - can share info via PM - also more than welcome to meet me in Topeka at the business if you're ever up this way.

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 545 posts · 386 votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP @Brian Erhart!  Congrats on the recent purchase. What areas of FL are you considering? PM if you have any questions about the market here!

  • Rental Property Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    @Brian Erhart Welcome to Wichita and to BP! Congrats on the new job. I’m in a similar situation, recently out of college and looking to house hack. Trying to do it with a young family which limits my options more, but staying optimistic. Best of luck and hope to see you around here.
  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2015 · 769 posts · 279 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Gregg Jossie:
    @Brian Erhart Welcome to Wichita and to BP! Congrats on the new job. I’m in a similar situation, recently out of college and looking to house hack. Trying to do it with a young family which limits my options more, but staying optimistic. Best of luck and hope to see you around here.

    Buy a duplex - lots of nice ones that are in great areas to maintain a family - check out some of the duplex developments near K254 /Rock Rd and 254/hillside - easy to get a loan as well since you'd owner occupy

  • Investor · Wichita, KS · Member since 2017 · 584 posts · 813 votes
    7y

    Welcome to the site @Brian Erhart. Like @Gregg Jossie I have a young family too. Biggest advice I have is to find a niche and become the best at whatever it is you want to do. Repetition, keep pushing forward. Do something positive toward your goal and then replicate it again. Then again. Eventually it will snowball into something really cool.

  • Jeremy TaggartBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2014 · 850 posts · 646 votes
    7y

    @Brian Erhart That's awesome! It's a cool city. Speaking of vacation homes we're actually working on rolling out an airbnb 3 unit here right now. 

    DHRE- The Jeremy Taggart Team590 Reviews
    View Page
  • New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan R.:

    Welcome to the site @Brian Erhart. Like @Gregg Jossie I have a young family too. Biggest advice I have is to find a niche and become the best at whatever it is you want to do. Repetition, keep pushing forward. Do something positive toward your goal and then replicate it again. Then again. Eventually it will snowball into something really cool.

     Thank you for the warm welcome and the great advice! I appreciate your kind words and motivation; you are the kind of person that successful people surround themselves with. Thanks for the inspiration!

  • New to Real Estate · Wichita, KS · Member since 2018 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jeremy Taggart:

    @Brian Erhart That's awesome! It's a cool city. Speaking of vacation homes we're actually working on rolling out an airbnb 3 unit here right now. 

     That's awesome! It would not surprise me if it were a great place for airbnb's. I hope it works out well for ya.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.