Let's Talk! New to real estate and trying to learn more!

Let's Talk! New to real estate and trying to learn more!

Anchorage, AK · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Hello! I'm a fairly new realtor (Licensed in Feb. 2017, Active in 2018) focusing on residential transaction in Anchorage, Alaska! Having closed my first transactions this year I am making a personal goal to network more with fellow investors in the Anchorage area. I pursued my real estate license knowing that my end goal was to invest and to learn more about real estate in all aspects (wholesaling, flipping, rental properties, etc).

I would really love to link up with an investor that would like to share their knowledge/partner with me as my goal for 2019 is to enter into the world of real estate investing! 

Let's talk! Whether it's coffee/beer? I would love to interact with more people involved in real estate in Anchorage :)

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Scott SewellPro Member
Investor · Anchorage AK and Hampton, VA · Member since 2012 · 140 posts · 82 votes
7y

Hi Shawn,

Welcome to the other BP (Alaska insider joke)! Take full advantage of the resources here, I learned as much from this website in one year as i did in 5 years of owning and managing rental Property. 

There are a couple of RE Investment groups here in Anchorage. Look up "REX" (Real Estate eXchange) and the "Landlord's Almanac" on meetup.com, I believe both have meetings coming up in the next week or so.

Scott

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    @Shawn Kim welcome to BP. i am sure we have some Alaska members here. The are some tools under the network tab above to find local members and you can set up a"Keyword alert" so you get notified when someone uses your keyword in a post.  Set up an alert for Anchorage for example.

  • Scott SewellPro Member
    Investor · Anchorage AK and Hampton, VA · Member since 2012 · 140 posts · 82 votes
    7y

    Hi Shawn,

    Welcome to the other BP (Alaska insider joke)! Take full advantage of the resources here, I learned as much from this website in one year as i did in 5 years of owning and managing rental Property. 

    There are a couple of RE Investment groups here in Anchorage. Look up "REX" (Real Estate eXchange) and the "Landlord's Almanac" on meetup.com, I believe both have meetings coming up in the next week or so.

    Scott

  • Real Estate Agent · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 294 posts · 182 votes
    7y

    @Shawn Kim - Welcome! I'd be glad to connect with you Shawn - as an investor myself - who also is a real estate agent. @Scott Sewell is right - this is an awesome place to learn - so take advantage!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2017 · 223 posts · 177 votes
    7y

    @Shawn Kim

    The next Real Estate eXchange meeting is Monday the 14th at 6:30 at the BP Energy Center and the next Landlord Almanac meeting is on the 17th at the Megan Room.

    Cheers!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.