Terence Lanzilotti
  • Sussex County New Jersey
Votes |
Investing in Sussex County, New Jersey

Terence Lanzilotti
  • Sussex County New Jersey
Posted Jan 16 2019, 20:11

Background: New Member

My name is Terence. I am a Realtor with Weichert Realtors in Hamburg NJ. I was born and raised in Sussex County, New Jersey. I am a volunteer EMT and Firefighter in my town. 

I read Rich Dad Poor Dad, and ever since been hungry to be financially educated and obtain financial freedom. I fully know and understand this takes time to build. I have been reading books on real estate investing and on personal development , listening to podcasts, and watching videos. I followed the advice of Robert Kiyowsaki and attended his Rich Dads Companys free real estate seminar. And I paid a few hundred dollars to take the three day real estate investing seminar. At that seminar I almost fell for the gurus sales pitch. I am a firm believer of investing in your number one asset which is your mind/brain and knowledge, however it did not make sense at this point in my life to go into debt just yet to pursue this dream and desire of mine. 

Purpose: 

With that said, I am passionate about educating myself about real estate and want to to take the advice of learning about the local market that I am in, and am seeking any investors to network with that are familiar with investing in my area, or who may be interested in investing in my area. I have access the the MLS and have local knowledge of this area. I will continue to read and listen to everything I can get my hands on. I am just hungry and would like to start putting what I am learning into action.

With that said, I tried looking up local Real Estate Investing Clubs and there are none in my area. Do you have any suggestions for clubs that may be worthwhile to look into? Even if it is a bit of a commute.

Loading replies...