New member - House Hacking in Union City, NJ

New member - House Hacking in Union City, NJ

Union City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes

All!

I am a new member here and looking to network with fellow investors in Union City/Weehawken/West New York/Hoboken. 

I have recently made my first investment in the area and will be a "house hacking" a unique property in Union City, NJ (2 detached single family homes (3br & 2br) on a single property that includes a dedicated parking spot in addition to a car port, out door space, and a bus stop to Manhattan on the corner) 

Any and all feed back regarding what I can expect for rent rolls, appreciation, development of the area, etc... would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly, I would love to join any local meetup groups and more than happy to grab a coffee with investors in the area to network and see how we can help each other.

Thanks,

Wayne

2Reply
27 views

24 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to respond to your posts. A lot of forum members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold investing, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Wayne Hudson

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Rental Property Investor · Union City NJ · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Wayne Hudson Hi Wayne, did you ever find any local investor meetups in UC, JC, or Hoboken? I have my first two family home I purchased in Union City almost 3 months, I know there are a lot of investors in the area, I just haven't met anyone yet. 

    Thanks 

  • Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    7y

    hey guys, I'm also investing and living in hoboken!

  • Rental Property Investor · Union City NJ · Member since 2019 · 46 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Alessandro Cardito have you met any other investors in NJ or attend any local meet ups? So far I haven't found any close by, although there are some in the city. 

  • Matthew CohenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ridgewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Hey guys - coming into this a little late. Just moved out to Bergen county but still own property in Hoboken. Have been to meetups in NYC and Westfield but never really saw any in Hudson county. Always surprised me. Would be interested in putting something together if others were too.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Congrats on your first property Wayne and good luck investing!

  • Phillipsburg, NJ · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Hey Matt,

    I am a new guy looking into buying Multifamily and doing owner occupant like you.  I am curious to hear about how your investment in Hoboken is going.  Are you available any time this week to meet?

  • Phillipsburg, NJ · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    Also, I live in Rutherford so Hoboken is like a 20 min train ride for me so we can meet anywhere you'd want

  • Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    I'm sorry for the delay in answering @Elizabeth L., @Matthew Cohen @Matthew Amabile, we did start a local meetup if you are interested happy to invite you next time!

  • Phillipsburg, NJ · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    @Alessandro Cardito I am definitely interested!  

  • Matthew CohenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ridgewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Alessandro Cardito awesome, I’d definitely be interested in attending the next meetup.

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Matthew Cohen, @Alessandro Cardito, @Matthew Amabile, @Elizabeth L., here is the link the the Hudson County meet up, it recently moved from Weehakwen to Monclair, I have attended once already it was a great. I will be attending the upcoming one and very much looking forward to it!

    https://www.meetup.com/Brick-x-Brick-Meetup/events/264359206/?_xtd=gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJDIyYTczZjdlLTBlZjMtNGY4Ni04ZjhmLTc3YWI4NDAxMzUzYw&_af=event&_af_eid=264359206

  • Phillipsburg, NJ · Member since 2019 · 66 posts · 13 votes
    6y

    awesome, thanks @Wayne Hudson

  • Hoboken, NJ · Member since 2017 · 33 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    way too far for me- the beauty of Hoboken is living without a car :) 

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Ya never know what opportunities a 35 minute train ride may open @Alessandro Cardito 

  • Matthew CohenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Ridgewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Wayne Hudson thanks for sharing! Will try to get out to Montclair sometime.

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Matthew Cohen awesome, I am in UC and happy to meet up to network with anyone anytime as I am on the hunt for my 2nd property in north jersey. 

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Hey Guys,

    I'm relatively new to BP. I'm currently looking to get into my first investment property in UC. I would definitely be interested in a meetup if you guys are setting something up.

  • Union City, NJ · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @Joshua Urena, I would recommend attending the one I previous posted, the guys that run it got their start in UC and know the area very well, here is the link again:

    https://www.meetup.com/Brick-x-Brick-Meetup/events/264359206/?_xtd=gatlbWFpbF9jbGlja9oAJDIyYTczZjdlLTBlZjMtNGY4Ni04ZjhmLTc3YWI4NDAxMzUzYw&_af=event&_af_eid=264359206


  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @Wayne Hudson hello. Jersey city here. I was going to recommend “meetup”. There’s not too many groups. The brick one and there’s one in jersey city but it’s pure flipping. Hope that helps. Advise me if you find anything close

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern NJ · Member since 2016 · 341 posts · 144 votes
    6y

    @Juan Cabrera there is a great monthly meetups tomorrow in downtown JC.

  • Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    @David Lichtenstadter the one at the Hyatt tomorrow ?

  • Rental Property Investor · Northern NJ · Member since 2016 · 341 posts · 144 votes
    6y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.