New member soon to be in San Antonio

New member soon to be in San Antonio

San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 10 votes

Hey everyone, my name is Justin.  I am currently living in central California but will be relocating to San Antonio in a few months.  I don't have any background in real estate but found out about BiggerPockets a month ago from a friend and have been hooked ever since.  

My strategy is to buy and hold multi-family properties and I am still currently evaluating different areas.  I look forward to learning and speaking with you all!

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 344 posts · 268 votes
7y

Welcome to SA and BP! I’m a real estate agent in the area routinely work with investors. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Justin M.

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best! 

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Dmitriy Fomichenko thank you for the information! It will definitely be useful.

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2016 · 242 posts · 126 votes
    7y

    We do all our investing in San Antonio.  We buy and hold, but we do single family and owner finance them out.  

    Check out Hilco Homes (on Facebook), they do some multifamily and are in San Antonio. 

    Us at Stop Flipping (on Facebook)

    Q Home Solutions/Quinton Flores (on Facebook)

    All of us have lots of free information to share and all are right here in good ol' San Antonio. 

  • Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2017 · 344 posts · 268 votes
    7y

    Welcome to SA and BP! I’m a real estate agent in the area routinely work with investors. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Justin M.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 512 posts · 290 votes
    7y

    @Justin M. welcome.  Welcome to BP and soon to San Antonio.  I would suggest looking up the local meetups and REIAs and find groups you like.  Networking has been so important to our business.  People told me it would be but I didn't truly believe it until I saw it for myself.  Best of luck!

  • San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Will Pritchett thank you Will. Are there any meetups around the Lackland area you recommend?

  • Rental Property Investor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2011 · 512 posts · 290 votes
    7y

    @Justin M. I don't know of any in that specific area but many of us meet all over town and invest where the opportunities are.  Check Meetup.com and BP for meetups.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.