Meet Matt: Newest Newbie from Seattle, Washington

Meet Matt: Newest Newbie from Seattle, Washington

Seattle · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hi!

My name is Matt, I am the newest newbie (at the time of this post) from Seattle, Washington - ready to shed my lurker status and introduce myself to the BP community!

Why am I interested in real estate investing? Recent events in my life caused me to reevaluate my priorities and I realized I am not on the shortest path to living the life I have pictured. To me, spending time (real time) with family and friends, meeting new people, and being available to them matters most. I also value education, and plan to continuously invest in that throughout my life. So, I started looking for ways to generate passive income which led me to real estate investing and I was quickly referred to BP.

I started by listening to the BP podcast (multiple episodes per day on 1.5x speed) and creating a list of topics to dig further into. So far, BRRRR seems like the most scalable and sustainable strategy for my situation, so I have been doing whatever I can to help improve my understanding of the inputs. I am currently reading David Greene's book on BRRRR investing and working on a business plan. My background in finance has led me to enjoy the analysis part of the process however, I feel at risk of paralysis by analysis blocking me from getting started. To help overcome this, I have challenged myself to purchase my first property by August.

Thanks for reading; I look forward to meeting people and contributing to BP!

1Reply
36 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2017 · 121 posts · 53 votes
    7y

    Great to have you Matt! There's a meet up in North Seattle two weeks from now that you should consider joining us for.

  • Real Estate Broker · Poulsbo, WA · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Matt Juran! I also urge you to consider Kitsap County. It's much more affordable, and with the fast ferries from Bremerton and Kingston into downtown, the commute is actually quite nice. A ferry ride is more pleasant than being stuck in traffic. ;-) Ping me if you'd like to know more about Kitsap! I live in Poulsbo. Moved over here from Mercer Island last year and we love it. 

  • Seattle · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks @Joel Thompson! Where can I find out more information on the meet up?

    Thanks @Megan Shay! I will definitely check out Kitsap. I actually grew up on the peninsula. I love it over there as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome, Matt. Thanks for introducing yourself. Glad to have you!

  • Investor · Kirkland, WA · Member since 2017 · 121 posts · 53 votes
    7y
  • Real Estate Broker · Poulsbo, WA · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Matt Juran -- sweet! If you make it over this way, let's grab coffee. 

  • Kristel DaughertyBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2018 · 127 posts · 71 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Matt Juran! Investing is exciting, and we're in a great location to work in!

  • Investor · Rapid City, SD · Member since 2018 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Welcome Matt!  If you come across a good Real Estate CPA or attorney please pass along to us Washington Folks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.