League City Texas - New Investors

League City Texas - New Investors

Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes

Hey All! 

My wife and I are in what I am calling our "education" phase of the REI process. We currently live in League City TX and are looking to get into our first deal sometime around February. Have been contacted by a few wholesalers, everyone offering what they say are "good deals" and finding out very quickly that a good deal for someone else does not necessarily mean it is a good deal for you. Looking forward to learning as much as possible on the forums. Reach out if you are in our neck of the woods.

- Karl

0Reply
4 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 12 votes
6y

@Karl McGarvey I'm also from League City. How has your REI journey been so far?

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    You're on the right track Karl and all the best in your deals.

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    7y

    @Michael Sato Thank you!

  • Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    @Karl McGarvey I'm also from League City. How has your REI journey been so far?

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2019 · 763 posts · 500 votes
    6y

    @Lance Lewton we cant complain minus some covid haha. Ended up going STR route in Galveston while properties are cheap and the island continues to explode. Been busy non stop since may

  • Real Estate Agent · Galveston, TX · Member since 2019 · 100 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    I’ve been a Realtor, in Galveston for 16 years and I don’t think that properties are currently cheap. Most people have to move off the island because they can’t find a house or afford one.  

    People are making anything into a short term rental. I actually manage short-term rentals. I started managing STR‘s roughly about 10 years ago. I'm very familiar with the market do you to being one of the only realtors that actually does short term rentals.
    most people have no clue what would be a good riddle out with Noah. 

    Investors buying homes, without amenities
     suffer the most in the off-season. 

    I actually own a cleaning company that I created because I fired everyone on the island for my STR's that we manage. I also see the calendars of other clients who we just clean for. We are actually very busy this year honestly because of Covid. It's sad because most people are not even trying to change the way they clean for Covid. Just advertising that they do. Sorry I got a bit off topic.

    I think people simply don’t want to stay at home anymore which is why the shore terminal market has really not changed at all with the pandemic. Timbers been back very nicely when traditionally it’s a slow time to get back to school. 

    We have seen a decline in Cindi for a modeling their homes. My husband is a general contractor here on the island.

    We’ve already had a huge set of layoffs at the medical center. Another round is coming soon so honestly property values will probably start to decrease at some point. 

  • Investor · League City, TX · Member since 2018 · 34 posts · 12 votes
    6y

    Thanks for the info y'all

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.