Networking in Grande Prairie, Alberta

10 Replies

Good afternoon! I am looking to meet some fellow investors in the Grande Prairie, Alberta, Canada area. Networking is definitely my weakness so here I am trying to work on that. A little about me: I am a rookie investor (own 2 single family homes) and am looking to expand into the multifamily space. I am a certified carpenter and am always looking to learn and grow. If there is anyone out there in my area hit me up to chat! Thanks, Chris 

Hi @Chris Counsell ,

I am also from Grande Prairie (Alberta) and interested to network with investors of my area.

I own my main residence house plus 5 doors and one lot in GP.

My goal is to continue learning new techniques to add in my real estate tools box.

It will be great if we can connect.

Regards

Jay -Jay

@Shrey A. I still think GP is a good place to invest you still make a profit and there is potential upside when market turns around. As to what area you invest is your strategy those areas would probably cash flow the best and be the cheapest to purchase but older area comes with older homes with more problems and lower tenant quality on average in those areas so personally I don't own any properties over there but if the right deal came I would still purchase in that area but it doesn't really fit our strategy of low maintance properties since we self manage all our properties

Originally posted by @Terry Friesen :

@Shrey A. I still think GP is a good place to invest you still make a profit and there is potential upside when market turns around. As to what area you invest is your strategy those areas would probably cash flow the best and be the cheapest to purchase but older area comes with older homes with more problems and lower tenant quality on average in those areas so personally I don't own any properties over there but if the right deal came I would still purchase in that area but it doesn't really fit our strategy of low maintance properties since we self manage all our properties

Thank you for the valuable opinion. May I ask what are the quality areas in GP that you prefer? Also, what do you mean by when the market turns, because it looks like prices have gone up already.

@Shrey A. Not really sure where your looking at your prices but from my research looks like 3beds ate down 6% and 4beds are up 1% from exactly a year ago so prices arnt on the rise yet maybe a small increase from a few months ago I find pricing in the winter months dips a bit as well but selection is quite low. Again depending on your strategy will depend on what areas you invest. I have 2 properties in westpointe. 1 in lakeview estates and 1 in South Patterson. There arnt any real bad areas in town if it was me I'd just run your numbers and try and stay as close to where you are living it helps, our most inconvient property is the one that's farthest away

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you