Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Braden Tomlinson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Logan, UT
Votes |
Marketing/Finance student looking to get my feet wet!

Braden Tomlinson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Logan, UT
Posted Jul 19 2019, 00:15

Hi guys,

My name is Braden, I'm 23, and I'm new to REI. I recently discovered BP and have become obsessed with it! I used to think that you had to be a millionaire in order to invest in Real Estate, but now I know that even someone like me can do it. I'm a student at Utah State University and I'm really itching to get to work. I'm excited to start this journey and learn, learn, learn!

Over this past month I have listened to dozens of BPs Podcasts, read articles, attended all the webinars, watched countless videos, read ebooks, etc. I have extra time on my hands being a student and I want to put it to good use. I'm confident in my ability to work hard and learn things fast, in fact, I've been analyzing deals like crazy just to get some practice in! I want to get some deals/experience under my belt! Does anyone know how I can get started analyzing deals, working on projects, etc. for someone else,? (kinda like an intern or part-time assistant?) I've been looking around but can't seem to find anyone willing to let a newbie like me work on a few things for them, even for free or for a small percentage of the deals.

I'm currently on an internship in Manila, Philippines teaching small enterprise education to clients for a Microfinance office and I'll be coming back to Utah the first week of August. I start school at the end of August but I'm looking to get my feet wet, I just don't know who to ask or where to find these investors! I don't want to be that annoying newbie, but I've got passion and I want to prove it so I'm going out on a limb! What are some other ways you suggest I get working on deals? I don't have the income due to me being a college student, but I do have the work ethic and hunger to gain knowledge! Again, what do you suggest I do to get started? Or, how can I find someone who is willing to let me do some tasks for them? Thank you BP community!

Loading replies...