New member to the bigger pockets community! Looking for advice.

New member to the bigger pockets community! Looking for advice.

Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, TN · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hello everyone, I'm new to the bigger pockets community. I'm looking for advice on where and how to start. I'm only 23, I've never bought a house before nor do I have much credit history besides my two credit cards for about three years. Nothing derogatory on my credit and I'm debt free with the exception of paying my cards off in full each month. Would my best options be getting a FHA loan, USDA loan, or even a VA loan since I'm prior service? I'm a truck driver and have no bills and would like to invest in a rental while I'm on the road. Any tips or advice would be great!

thank you, 

James

0Reply
16 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Rochester, NY · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @James Bass

    Are you planning to live in the property? VA is your best option to then house hack.

    If you are not planning to live in the property than conventional financing is the best route to go. A SFR requires 15% down and a MFR requires 25% down.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cleveland, TN · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Jerry Padilla thank you so much, conventional will be the route then, since I want to rent it out will I'm on the road for work.

  • Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @James Bass I'm new too. I just wanted to stop by and say welcome and I'm pretty sure you have lots of replies giving you advice on what to do next. You're definitely in the right place as I've been researching and reading post from this form for years.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.