Newbie buying rental in Springfield, Missouri

Newbie buying rental in Springfield, Missouri

CA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone, 

My name is Jian, i’m a new investor from California. I’m a registered nurse by trade and looking to invest for my growing family’s future (expecting my 2nd baby later today!) I’ve been saving up like crazy the past couple years and even sold my 1969 chevelle this year (thank you Rich Dad Poor Dad for ruining my life) to invest in a property.

 I am very new to real estate investing, I have been getting into finance books and have been reading real estate books and listening to the bigger pockets podcast now for a few months. i’m Looking to buy next year around April or May 2020 and i was wondering if anyone had recommendations for real estate agents, and property management in the Springfield, MO area. Also if anyone has general words of wisdom when it comes to that area, it would be greatly appreciated. My wife’s grandparents live out there and we visit frequently and is a place we eventually will want to relocate in the distant future. Thanks so much for your time, bigger pockets is such a cool website!

Sincerely, 

Jian

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 890 votes
7y
@Jian I invest in Springfield, MO and might be able to help you out. Feel free to connect and we can talk further.
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Oh my! Congrats on the new baby!

    I was a Certified Nurse Aid for around eight years. I worked mostly in nursing homes...tough work. I have great respect for anyone in the nursing industry.

    Feel free to message me if you have any questions about real estate or Springfield in general. 

    Welcome to the community :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 890 votes
    7y
    @Jian I invest in Springfield, MO and might be able to help you out. Feel free to connect and we can talk further.
  • Specialist · Springfield, MO · Member since 2016 · 104 posts · 54 votes
    7y

    Hey Jian, my wife is a nurse too!  We live in Springfield and have some SF, MF and small apartment investments in Springfield and surrounding areas.  I moved into apartment syndications a couple years ago and am starting to sell off my smaller assets.  Let me know if I can help!

  • Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 17 votes
    7y
    Greetings. I am also an investor in the Springfield market. Feel free to reach out with any questions.
  • Max MitchellPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2017 · 10 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Jian Salcedo I have lived in Springfield my whole life, and have invested there for quite a while now. Reach out to me any time and I would be happy to help you out! 

  • CA · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Thank you everyone for your replies! I’ll definitely be messaging you guys in the course of the next few months! Had our baby girl on the 10th and will be in and out of the website while taking some time off work to bond with my family!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.