Newb from St. John's, AZ

2 Replies

Hello Hello, My name is Buck Sullivan and I currently reside just north of St. Johns's Arizona near  the four corners. I am a former school teacher from California and am In the process of joining the Army National Guard. Once active with The Guard I will only be working one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year in the summer. I want to spend the rest of my time learning about and investing in real estate. I am very new to all of this and am eager to learn a little bit about everything before I dive into a focused niche. I never learned anything about money and how to manage is when I was younger. I made many financial mistakes in my past and have learned a lot. I am finally ready to have my money work for me!!I I look forward to talking with and learning from you all. Cheers!

Originally posted by @Buck Sullivan :

Hello Hello, My name is Buck Sullivan and I currently reside just north of St. Johns's Arizona near  the four corners. I am a former school teacher from California and am In the process of joining the Army National Guard. Once active with The Guard I will only be working one weekend a month and 2 weeks a year in the summer. I want to spend the rest of my time learning about and investing in real estate. I am very new to all of this and am eager to learn a little bit about everything before I dive into a focused niche. I never learned anything about money and how to manage is when I was younger. I made many financial mistakes in my past and have learned a lot. I am finally ready to have my money work for me!!I I look forward to talking with and learning from you all. Cheers!

Welcome. Join the crowd, none of us were taught about money or investing in school. You might want to read "Rich Dad Poor Dad". I think the author reads and explains it on Youtube. I haven't been to St John's yet but info says there are about 3,500 people in the area. That actually is big enough to get going with two or three properties. But, you don't have to limit your investing to the area, you can invest in Snowflake, Springerville, Holbrook and even Flagstaff. There is a REIA (real Estate Investment Assoc) in Flagstaff that you would learn a lot by joining. It's AZREIA.org look 'em up. And also, find someone to team up with so you learn faster.

Hey Mike, 

Thanks for the response. I will definitely jump onto AZREIA.org and check it out. I just listened to the audio book version of "Rich Dad Poor Dad" on my way into Flagstaff last week. I travel to Flagstaff and the Phoenix area somewhat regularly and have loved using that drive time to listen to some good audio books. Any more recommendations are much appreciated. 

Thanks, Buck

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you