Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Megan Cassidy
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
New Investor in Seattle, WA area -- Hello and Thanks!

Megan Cassidy
  • Seattle, WA
Posted Sep 22 2019, 13:05

Hello BP members and guests,

Thank you for existing and providing such incredible information. I am a full time RN and travel writer who has zero real estate experience (does having rented 27 properties in my lifetime count?). However, have been doing my due diligence on BP, reading books, and networking in my area in order to join the ranks of those who are financially free and doing good in the world.

I also travel often work, so find myself in a new state every 3-4 months (tax home is CO), so not sure if that's a benefit or a hindrance. Currently, however, I am stable in Seattle area for at least one year as of this writing.

Interested in residential cash flow (in state and out), but excited about future commercial opportunities, and even some more creative ideas like land for open air RV/boat storage, or tiny house lots. I have found pro's and con's for the investment strategies discussed on BP, but not sure which avenue would be best for me.

Recently established a local mentor in Seattle and am also studying for RE license.

My credit is very good to excellent, I have about $13,000 in savings to use, and luckily have a solid RE team already assembled, including finance options/private lenders.

Would especially love to hear from any Washington state folks in the area for networking, advisement, or constructive criticism as I proceed towards my goals.

My biggest question at this point is how to ascertain the best niche and strategy criteria's to use? Have I already answered those questions based upon my current "resume" foundation listed above? If anyone would like to chime in here, I'd appreciate it!

As an offer of goodwill, I am an experienced videographer and currently getting a video portfolio together; so if anyone out there in the Pacific Northwest (or beyond) has ever considered placing video representations of their properties on their company websites or blogs, let me know and perhaps I can help you!

Thank you for reading and I look forward to this new journey :)

-Megan Cassidy

Loading replies...