Newbie here! Looking to invest in Richmond

Newbie here! Looking to invest in Richmond

Real Estate Agent 路 Vienna, VA 路 Member since 2019 路 11 posts 路 5 votes

Hello! First post and new to the website but I listen to the podcast religiously. I'm in the DC area and buying rental properties here require a lot of capital, so I'm looking to buy rental properties in Richmond and/or other states. I would love to network and learn from others.

4Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2019 路 587 posts 路 269 votes
6y

Hello, @Carolina S. You鈥檝e taken a great first step in real estate investment. I wish you all the best. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist 路 Los Angeles, CA 路 Member since 2019 路 587 posts 路 269 votes
    6y

    Hello, @Carolina S. You鈥檝e taken a great first step in real estate investment. I wish you all the best. You are not alone in your real estate ambition.

  • Real Estate Broker 路 Forney, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 1k+ posts 路 399 votes
    6y

    @Carolina Spencer Welcome to BiggerPockets! Truly nice to meet you. Good luck going forward! 馃榿 In this type areas, you have to be creative. Look into a strategy house hacking and using FHA 203 a multi unit property . Low down payment and potential rental income. And with 203, it will be renovated.

  • Solo 401k Expert 路 Anaheim Hills, CA 路 Member since 2012 路 18k+ posts 路 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Carolina S.

    Welcome to the BP family! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner鈥檚 Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 MD 路 Member since 2018 路 287 posts 路 205 votes
    6y

    @Carolina S. Welcome to to the site.  Like you I started with the podcast but found the forums to be extremely beneficial for information pertaining specifically to the DMV area. You'll also connect with others with similar aspirations to you.  Set up your keywords and be prepared to learn

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Vienna, VA 路 Member since 2019 路 11 posts 路 5 votes
    6y

    Thank you all so much for your words of encouragement. I've diving deep in reading blogs, books, podcasts, you name it. Now I'm trying to set up my niche and strategy. 

    @Solomon Morris have you attended any meet-ups in the area and found them useful? I can't seem to find one that is close to me. I'm in the DMV area.

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Vienna, VA 路 Member since 2019 路 11 posts 路 5 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Anthoney Hanks:

    @Carolina Spencer Welcome to BiggerPockets! Truly nice to meet you. Good luck going forward! 馃榿 In this type areas, you have to be creative. Look into a strategy house hacking and using FHA 203 a multi unit property . Low down payment and potential rental income. And with 203, it will be renovated.

     Thank you for the tips!

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker 路 Nationwide 路 Member since 2015 路 4k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Carolina S.

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 Baltimore, MD 路 Member since 2008 路 17k+ posts 路 13k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome to BP @Carolina S. I think Richmond is an interesting market.  You might also consider Prince Georges County or the baltimore market. 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 MD 路 Member since 2018 路 287 posts 路 205 votes
    6y

    @Carolina S. I have attended a few.  There are groups that link up all around and have their varying formats.  if you go to biggerpockets.com/events , you can view events given a radius set by you.  Some are not advertised but easy to locate with google.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.