New investor from Clarksville, Maryland

New investor from Clarksville, Maryland

Member since 2019 路 4 posts 路 7 votes

Hey guys!

My name is Jin and I'm a 20 year old that's trying to get an early start to financial freedom. Somethings to know about me is that I'm a high school graduate who decided not to go to college because it would have been honestly a waste of time for me. I don't want to end up going through the same high school degree > college degree > salary job process. I currently work in the family business of beauty supply with our 10th location that we just opened up. The reason I actaully looked specifically into real estate is because the thought of forming a process, being able to actively make it more efficient, and working in a team setting compliments well with my personality.

My goals in real estate is that I'd like to make as much passive income and eventually getting to a point of having enough cash to be able to buy and hold in expensive areas as well. More specifically, i'm looking to build a very cooperative team to be able to invest out of state consistently.
Along the way, I'd like to use my time I'm not working on real estate to grow the family business. 

My family also have done the traditional buy and hold investing before but I'd like to go through a different route by utilizing the BRRRR method to supercharge my wealth building. My father is unfamiliar but also curious with the method and is onboard to support me financially on this journey. The reason I joined biggerpockets is to build connections or receive tips/advice to maybe jump start us in the right direction.

Sorry for the lengthy introduction but I look forward to discussing and meeting with you guys!

7Reply
11 views

Most Popular Reply

Russell BrazilBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Agent 路 Washington, D.C. 路 Member since 2012 路 17k+ posts 路 30k+ votes
6y

Awesome man. Welcome to BP.

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rob WittPro Member
    Indianola, IA 路 Member since 2016 路 126 posts 路 36 votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang

    Good luck!

  • Investor 路 Riverdale, MD 路 Member since 2019 路 28 posts 路 16 votes
    6y

    Hi @Jin Hwang Good luck on your journey!

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent 路 Washington, D.C. 路 Member since 2012 路 17k+ posts 路 30k+ votes
    6y

    Awesome man. Welcome to BP.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor 路 Kansas City, MO 路 Member since 2014 路 10k+ posts 路 5k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets Jin!

  • Member since 2019 路 4 posts 路 7 votes
    6y

    Thank you guys for your warm welcomes!

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor 路 Baltimore, MD 路 Member since 2008 路 17k+ posts 路 13k+ votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang welcome to BP.   There are a ton of people here from the area willing to help out. 

  • Real Estate Broker 路 Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH 路 Member since 2013 路 30k+ posts 路 20k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jin Hwang:

    Hey guys!

    My name is Jin and I'm a 20 year old that's trying to get an early start to financial freedom. Somethings to know about me is that I'm a high school graduate who decided not to go to college because it would have been honestly a waste of time for me. I don't want to end up going through the same high school degree > college degree > salary job process. I currently work in the family business of beauty supply with our 10th location that we just opened up. The reason I actaully looked specifically into real estate is because the thought of forming a process, being able to actively make it more efficient, and working in a team setting compliments well with my personality.

    My goals in real estate is that I'd like to make as much passive income and eventually getting to a point of having enough cash to be able to buy and hold in expensive areas as well. More specifically, i'm looking to build a very cooperative team to be able to invest out of state consistently.
    Along the way, I'd like to use my time I'm not working on real estate to grow the family business. 

    My family also have done the traditional buy and hold investing before but I'd like to go through a different route by utilizing the BRRRR method to supercharge my wealth building. My father is unfamiliar but also curious with the method and is onboard to support me financially on this journey. The reason I joined biggerpockets is to build connections or receive tips/advice to maybe jump start us in the right direction.

    Sorry for the lengthy introduction but I look forward to discussing and meeting with you guys!

     Welcome aboard Jin.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Ithaca, NY 路 Member since 2015 路 1k+ posts 路 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang

    Welcome to BP, BRRR method is an awesome strategy to generate wealth. There are plenty of forums that helped me implement this strategy, Im sure you'll find something that will help you. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Broker 路 Forney, TX 路 Member since 2019 路 1k+ posts 路 399 votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang Welcome to BiggerPockets! Truly nice to meet you. Good luck going forward! 馃榿

    It is good you realize college is not a good thing for now. But you can always circle back later, if it makes sense.

    The BRRRR is a good strategy. I plan to use it in my strategy. Hope you well!!馃

  • Solo 401k Expert 路 Anaheim Hills, CA 路 Member since 2012 路 18k+ posts 路 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner鈥檚 Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Flipper/Rehabber 路 Member since 2019 路 9 posts 路 0 votes
    6y

    Investor from MD here always looking to connect, share ideas, deals, etc. Please reach out anytime. 

  • Investor 路 Washington, DC 路 Member since 2017 路 428 posts 路 205 votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang hey Jim, welcome to BP! I actually grew up in Columbia right next to Clarksville so I'm pretty well connected in the area still. Feel free to reach out if theres anything I can help with. Best of luck! Kyle

  • Member since 2019 路 4 posts 路 7 votes
    6y

    @Eric L Lisica

    @Kyle Deutschmann

    Thank you very much and I'll be sure to contact with any questions I have!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Oklahoma City, OK 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 694 votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang how exciting! Great to hear that you're starting now. I hear SO MANY investors say they wish they started 20 years ago. I understand you're planning to go OOS. Which market are you living in? 

  • Member since 2019 路 4 posts 路 7 votes
    6y

    @Alyssa Dyer

    Right, might as well take advantage of the time I have now! Currently, I am living in the Maryland market.

  • Specialist 路 Baltimore, MD 路 Member since 2017 路 418 posts 路 126 votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang welcome to BP!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Oklahoma City, OK 路 Member since 2017 路 1k+ posts 路 694 votes
    6y

    @Jin Hwang well good luck with the journey. You've got a lot more time to bounce back from mistakes than a lot of people have, so get out there and start learning! If you ever want to chat about OKC I'm happy to discuss it. Keep us up to date with any developments! 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.