My switch has been flipped !

2 Replies

Hey BP,

My name is Chris, im 30 years old and just purchased my first home which is also my current residence.  Ive always been interested in investing in real estate and now that I've moved into my own home my thirst for financial  freedom is growing by the day.  I work in the construction industry as a structural steel fabricator (welder / fitter.) This job pays pretty well in my area but its proven to be extremely rough on the body, i know it wont last forever.  This has really been the driving factor to put myself and my family into a better situation.

Welcome to BP! 

I know a lot of guys in the construction industry. They seem to make good money but they don't have the greatest health and their body eventually breaks down. 

You are wise to consider building your own financial freedom. If you start now, you could likely replace your W-2 income by the time you are 40 and then choose to continue working, switch to real estate investing full-time, or sit on a beach in Mexico and live the easy life.

Originally posted by @Christopher Nathaniel Hart :
Hey BP,

My name is Chris, im 30 years old and just purchased my first home which is also my current residence.  Ive always been interested in investing in real estate and now that I've moved into my own home my thirst for financial  freedom is growing by the day.  I work in the construction industry as a structural steel fabricator (welder / fitter.) This job pays pretty well in my area but its proven to be extremely rough on the body, i know it wont last forever.  This has really been the driving factor to put myself and my family into a better situation.

Welcome aboard Chris.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you