Property Managers questions

4 Replies

Can I let a brand new property management company management my properties? Or is it just a trust thing?  for the first time I am thinking about letting my properties be managed by a property manager but the company I’m looking at currently only has 3 properties they are managing. Would it smart to let them manage it? 

Hello @Jalal Khan , and welcome to BIgger Pockets!.  I agree with @Aaron K.   the company may be new, but maybe the manager has plenty of experience.  Ask plenty of questions, as outlined in MANY posts in this forum.  Make sure the company has a uniform way of conducting business and that your concerns are addressed in the contract.  Don't assume you will get paid by the 15th each month, or that you keep late fees, or the 9% they charge will be all they charge.  Search these forums for questions and make sure you and the management company are on the same page regarding expectations.  

Just because a company is new, does not mean they will not provide you with good service.  In fact, I bet they will go above and beyond to obtain and maintain your business, as every account is important to them.  The alternative is the management company who is so well established they get lazy and put everything on cruise control.  Best of luck.  

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you