New Investor (Pierce Co. WA)

New Investor (Pierce Co. WA)

Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Hey guys! I'm a software engineer with very little real estate experience (other than buying personal homes). 

I am very motivated to make this life-long goal a reality. I spend my days developing software for some very large companies, have an economics degree, and build/repair/upgrade a ton of things on my personal properties. 

I'm in the early stages, so I'm not sure what niche I want to master first. I am thinking the easiest path for me might be some single family rentals. If anyone has any connections in the area I would love to talk to some people!

I must admit, I'm not finding much so far in this state that matches all of the advice I see out there. I have looked out of state a bit, but would love to stay local.

One last note, feel free to get ahold of me with any RE software ideas. :-D

1Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael HaasBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
6y

@Thom Richardson I think SFH rentals is a great and straightforward way to get started! Most of our rentals are in Seattle, but a couple close friends of ours own multiple Single Family rentals around University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, and these are some of the best performing properties in their portfolio. I went to school there and am a big fan of the neighborhood - lots of nice houses mixed with older housing stock waiting for a value add remodel, good transit and with light-rail on the way will likely become more popular as folks get priced out of Seattle.

HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    @Thom Richardson looking to get in to some action out in pierce county also

  • Michael HaasBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Redmond, 🌧️ Seattle Investor-Agent | 🤑 Helped 400+ Clients Invest in Real Estate | 🏘️ Owns 23 WA Rentals & Airbnbs | 🏗️ Built 5 DADU's | 📈 You Can Do It Too · Member since 2016 · 724 posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Thom Richardson I think SFH rentals is a great and straightforward way to get started! Most of our rentals are in Seattle, but a couple close friends of ours own multiple Single Family rentals around University of Puget Sound in Tacoma, and these are some of the best performing properties in their portfolio. I went to school there and am a big fan of the neighborhood - lots of nice houses mixed with older housing stock waiting for a value add remodel, good transit and with light-rail on the way will likely become more popular as folks get priced out of Seattle.

    HouseHack Seattle | Michael Haas & Team572 Reviews
  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Ya, I really do believe in the area. I think more and more people like me will get tired of living near Seattle at that premium, especially as the transit gets better.

  • Brandon VukelichBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tacoma, WA: 🏢 27 LTRs 🏡 3 STRs · Member since 2018 · 547 posts · 457 votes
    6y

    Thom, I'm very familiar with the South Sound market and happy to connect to offer any input or guidance. There are always opportunities out there, even in hot markets for new investors.  Yes, our returns may be lower than other parts of the country but Seattle-Tacoma is a strong economy, increasing rents and solid appreciation.  My 2 cents is that anything you buy should cash flow from day one and don't purchase on "potential" rents or appreciation.  Send me a message if you'd like to meet up for coffee or something this month.  Best wishes on your goals!

    Broker at Multifamily Properties519 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.