Hello Everybody, super new to REI based in Placer County, CA

Hello Everybody, super new to REI based in Placer County, CA

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 3 votes

Hi All,

I just discovered this idea of investing in real estate and am stoked out of my mind about it, but have no idea how to make it happen......so I'm soaking up as much as I can from BP and reading a bunch of books.  Hoping to find a mentor to add value to and glean from.  I am not an agent.  I work a full time job, but am putting in the time to analyze deals to the extent of my knowledge.  I'm interested in possibly long distance investing in Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Oklahoma as well as Orange County, CA and right here in Placer County.  I have so many questions....... Any advice, input, and suggestions are welcome.  Excited to be here!  

Looking forward to interacting with you all on here 

James  

3Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y

I agree with @Remington Lyman, Columbus would be a great place for you to potentially invest in! 

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    @J. Cunningham I would recommend you look at the Columbus, Ohio market. We have plenty of opportunities for out-of-state investors like yourself.

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmond, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    Hey @J. Cunningham, 

    Welcome to BP! There is so much that you can learn from the forums. I would recommend reaching out to people in your area that are doing what you want to do (whether that be out of state or in-state investing). There are plenty of markets that make sense for cashflow, you just have to figure out what your goals are and then decide which market aligns with your goals. There are tons of ways to get involved in real estate. You just have to figure out what is right for you. You can go super passive with syndications and REITs, less passive with turn-key properties, or you can get super involved and do heavy rehabs on either BRRRR or flips. It really just depends on what works for you.

    I personally invest in buy and hold property in Texas and Oklahoma. Let me know if there are any questions I can help answer for you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    I agree with @Remington Lyman, Columbus would be a great place for you to potentially invest in! 

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @J. Cunningham:

    Hi All,

    I just discovered this idea of investing in real estate and am stoked out of my mind about it, but have no idea how to make it happen......so I'm soaking up as much as I can from BP and reading a bunch of books.  Hoping to find a mentor to add value to and glean from.  I am not an agent.  I work a full time job, but am putting in the time to analyze deals to the extent of my knowledge.  I'm interested in possibly long distance investing in Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, and Oklahoma as well as Orange County, CA and right here in Placer County.  I have so many questions....... Any advice, input, and suggestions are welcome.  Excited to be here!  

    Looking forward to interacting with you all on here 

    James  

     Welcome James, Columbus OH is a great place to invest from out of state.  
    The NAR published this report in December of 2019: Top ten Outperforming Metro Markets for the next 3-5 years and Columbus, OH was listed (https://www.nar.realtor/report...)!  What kind of questions do you have about investing or real estate in general?

  • Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 694 votes
    6y

    @J. Cunningham how exciting! Your first deal will teach you a lot. Just make sure to vet the providers you work with. Ask them to connect with people they've worked with, read reviews. If someone has helped hundreds of other investors, the chances are better that you're in good hands! 

    I'm OKC all the way and happy to answer questions you have about the market. 

    Good luck getting started! 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Thank you all for the welcoming responses.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.