New To Investing in Real Estate (DC)

New To Investing in Real Estate (DC)

Structural Contractor · Leesburg, VA · Member since 2012 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hi Everybody

I'm Chris Langston. I'm new to real estate investing though not new to business or other types of investing. I have been a new custom home builder since 1991 (other peoples homes other peoples money) in California.

Im in Virginia now adapting to a totally different environment. At present I am still working for home owners but am compelled to break out of that mold and start rehabing my own projects, and begin a buy and hold strategy on properties with positive cashflow.

I've been studying different methods of getting started and stumbled on this site by accident. I have found the posts to be very informative and greatly appreciate everyones input.

0Reply
9 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rehabber · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2012 · 38 posts · 27 votes
    13y

    Search up Craig Fuhr, he's one of the bigger rehabbers in your area. His website has some good info on there too. Also I know he's not one to shy away from taking on students.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Welcome Chris Langston! I hope you find BP as fulfilling as I did when I first started (and still do, of course!) The great part about your experience is that you know how much things take to build/repair better than a lot of new investors.

    Be sure to ask questions anytime on the forums! You'll find a wealth of information. Keep in touch!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.