New Member Jacksonville, Florida excited to be here!

8 Replies

Hello BP Family,

Newbie looking to get into real estate in and around Jacksonville, Florida.

Currently stationed in Naples, Italy and originally from Portsmouth, Virginia, I am USN active duty and have been in 9 years. I am married with 2 kids ages 7 and 3, and currently in school for pursuing a BS in Project Management. We are looking to get into Real Estate as a means of supplementing our retirement income down the line. I am always in and out at sea so for me I think having a few rental properties to generate cashflow is the best way for us to get our feet underneath us, at least until I retire and am able to put more time into this.

I like the idea of running my own show so between my wife and I we are looking to get licensed as a GC and Real Estate Agent so we can handle the brunt of our own work.

I found BP from a commercial on Spotify, I listened to the first few shows and fell in love.

@Avery Wilson

Welcome to Bigger Pockets and thank you for your service. We are here to help. Bigger Pockets is a great place for education and networking. 

Good luck investing and let me know if you have any questions. 

Bill, 

Thank you, honestly, I have a metric ton of questions, but I'd like to educate myself a bit more first, I don't like the idea of people coming up with the "tell me how to breathe mentality" but rest assured, when I get my questions together you will be one of the first people I reach out to. Taxes and long term financial planning have always been an area I have avoided like the plague. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you