New Member Jacksonville, Florida excited to be here!

New Member Jacksonville, Florida excited to be here!

Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hello BP Family,

Newbie looking to get into real estate in and around Jacksonville, Florida.

Currently stationed in Naples, Italy and originally from Portsmouth, Virginia, I am USN active duty and have been in 9 years. I am married with 2 kids ages 7 and 3, and currently in school for pursuing a BS in Project Management. We are looking to get into Real Estate as a means of supplementing our retirement income down the line. I am always in and out at sea so for me I think having a few rental properties to generate cashflow is the best way for us to get our feet underneath us, at least until I retire and am able to put more time into this.

I like the idea of running my own show so between my wife and I we are looking to get licensed as a GC and Real Estate Agent so we can handle the brunt of our own work.

I found BP from a commercial on Spotify, I listened to the first few shows and fell in love.

0Reply
12 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Gary SiverPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Orange Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 180 posts · 83 votes
    6y

    @Avery Wilson

    Welcome Avery and thank you for your service. You can learn a lot from this site. Good luck on your adventure.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Gary

    Thanks, looking forward to soaking up as much as I can. I see you are a contractor, what do you specialize in?

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Avery Wilson

    Thanks for your service!! Welcome to the site

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Mark

    Thank you, how long have you been working as a contractor?

  • Contractor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Avery Wilson

    Since 2007. Doing investor rehabs and investor flips.

  • Bill HamptonBusiness Member
    Accredited Investment Fiduciary, AIF®, Financial Planner, Tax Strategist, Real Estate Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 977 votes
    6y

    @Avery Wilson

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets and thank you for your service. We are here to help. Bigger Pockets is a great place for education and networking. 

    Good luck investing and let me know if you have any questions. 

    Hampton Tax and Financial Services LLC4.7106 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    Bill, 

    Thank you, honestly, I have a metric ton of questions, but I'd like to educate myself a bit more first, I don't like the idea of people coming up with the "tell me how to breathe mentality" but rest assured, when I get my questions together you will be one of the first people I reach out to. Taxes and long term financial planning have always been an area I have avoided like the plague. 

  • Realtor · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    Thank you for your service

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.