Effingham, IL · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 2 votes
Hey everyone! I'm a young guy (24) who wants to build a future for myself and my future family through real estate investing. I am excited to get to know all of you here. I am currently doing research through the wonderful free resources on here such as the Ultimate Guide and the 4-part video course. From what I can tell the two vehicles I'm most interested in are going to be wholesale and flipping.
If you happen to be from a small town like me I would love to hear from you about how it has created unique challenges for you in your real estate career so far.
Rental Property Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
6y
Hey Arco! New here myself but also from a small town in IL. New to real estate so don't have a lot to offer yet, but thought I would introduce myself. By the way, spent a lot of time down that way in college days as EIU and in towns like T-town.
Rental Property Investor · Peoria, IL · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
6y
Hey Arco! New here myself but also from a small town in IL. New to real estate so don't have a lot to offer yet, but thought I would introduce myself. By the way, spent a lot of time down that way in college days as EIU and in towns like T-town.
Effingham, IL · Member since 2020 · 7 posts · 2 votes
6y
Nice to meet you Dan!
I was actually about to click your post when I saw you commented here.
Yeah, t-town is right around the corner here. I pass through every day for work. Thanks for introducing yourself, it's nice knowing there's others new to real estate around here. Hopefully as we learn we can help each other out considering how close we are.
Hope to see more of you in the future and I wish you all the best with your business and your real estate aspirations :)
Investor · Centralia, IL · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 10 votes
6y
Hi Arco,
Welcome to BP and best of luck to you. It’s awesome you are starting so young. I wish I would have. We are in Centralia, we have not done any wholesaling, we have a couple single families and have recently completed a flip. We are looking at a small multi right now. There have been challenges but so far not bad being in a small town. Don’t know housing market in Effingham but I have visited enough to think it’s probably a good place to invest. As always learn the market and do your due diligence. Good luck.
Hi Arco! I own one investment property in Effingham, IL. If you have remained interested in Real Estate, there are some good deals in this area. I just purchased a mobile home for $28,000 and signed a three-year lease for $800/mo. Effingham has steady rents and good employment options.
This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.