N. Kentucky (Cincinnati) // Spanking new ADHD investor 馃

N. Kentucky (Cincinnati) // Spanking new ADHD investor 馃

New to Real Estate 路 Northern Kentucky 路 Member since 2018 路 3 posts 路 0 votes

My name is Zackariah. I am a former firefighter and architectural and portrait photographer. My wife and I moved from Montana to Northern Kentucky 10 years ago, though I'm originally from North Central, Ohio.

It was around that time that I read the books 4-Hour Work Week and Rich Dad Poor Dad, which both lit a fire in me to better understand this idea of passive income to reach financial freedom for myself and retirement for my father.

I've spent this past year immersing myself in dozens of books, listening to hundreds of hours of podcasts, networking with realtors, and studying as much as I can about this industry. I discovered the BP podcast last year, and it's been a godsend!

As someone with ADHD, self-employment is more necessity than choice. I'm blessed by an incredibly supportive wife who desires to see me succeed in this aspiration. As a self-employed photographer, I'm in a unique position with a flexible schedule and am preparing to jump into real estate investing full time.

Networking is difficult for me, but I would love to befriend other investors - locally or remotely. I'm very down to earth and easy to talk with. I'm specifically interested in buy-and-hold investing with small multi-family properties and financing via the BRRRR method.

I'm highly motivated to make real estate investing work for my family and believe that I'm in the right place. Thank you for reading my introduction. If there is anything at all that I can do to help you or business, I'd love to meet you.

Image: me and my wife, Larissa

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor 路 RVA 路 Member since 2016 路 5k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
6y

Welcome! Schedule flexibility in your main profession is one of the biggest advantages one can have when getting into real estate. I normally don't weigh in on introduction threads, but I thought of something you might want to consider. If you're at all interested in the syndication space, you may want to reach out to syndicators operating in Louisville or Lexington, and offer free or discounted photography services for their deal decks. They get professional photographs at an attractive price and you get an inside look on their business. I think that would be a networking-hacking strategy that a Tim Ferriss might use.

Something to consider!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • New to Real Estate 路 Batavia, OH 路 Member since 2019 路 28 posts 路 10 votes
    6y

    Welcome to the site!  I'm also from the Cincinnati area (East-side) and have recently started on my journey as well!  Best of luck to you, and feel free to add me if you'd like!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 RVA 路 Member since 2016 路 5k+ posts 路 4k+ votes
    6y

    Welcome! Schedule flexibility in your main profession is one of the biggest advantages one can have when getting into real estate. I normally don't weigh in on introduction threads, but I thought of something you might want to consider. If you're at all interested in the syndication space, you may want to reach out to syndicators operating in Louisville or Lexington, and offer free or discounted photography services for their deal decks. They get professional photographs at an attractive price and you get an inside look on their business. I think that would be a networking-hacking strategy that a Tim Ferriss might use.

    Something to consider!

  • New to Real Estate 路 Northern Kentucky 路 Member since 2018 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
    6y

    Thank you for the warm welcome and encouragement, Brian & Taylor. I truly appreciate the tips and advice.

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Cincinnati, OH 路 Member since 2014 路 170 posts 路 102 votes
    6y

    Welcome @Zackariah Cole to BP and to the Greater Cincinnati investing community! I have ADHD too and I totally feel you on the self-employment front. I thought I'd just had terrible bosses until I realized that I thought ALL my bosses were terrible and realized that something else may be the issue with my employment.

    I'm also a buy and hold and BRRRR guy and if I were you I wouldn't give up on networking just yet. @Evan Polaski helps to run my favorite meetup on the last Tuesday of every month. You should check it out!

  • New to Real Estate 路 Northern Kentucky 路 Member since 2018 路 3 posts 路 0 votes
    6y

    @Slocomb Reed, thank you kindly for sharing! It's great to know we're not alone. And thank you for letting me know about the meetup. I will definitely look it up. 

  • Wholesaler 路 Newport, KY 路 Member since 2014 路 62 posts 路 47 votes
    6y

    Welcome, Zackariah Cole.  I'm an NKY guy myself.  I have been investing in real estate locally for many years and would love to chat with you so reach out to me or best, send me an email and let's connect.  I also host a meetup with Aaron Smith, we meet once per month and talk about real estate, etc and I'd be happy to get you in our group.  How does that sound?  All the best, Garth 

  • Lender 路 Harrodsburg, KY 路 Member since 2019 路 2 posts 路 2 votes
    6y

    Welcome to the business @Zackariah Cole I鈥檓 a lender as well as an investor here in KY. If there鈥檚 anything I can do to help you get started please reach out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.