How is NYC real estate surviving?

How is NYC real estate surviving?

Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 10 votes

Hi, Im new to BP. Queens nyc resident. trying to invest, but i see no places that are worth investing in. based on new tenant laws and high prices, how are buy and hold investors making it work?

2Reply
66 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2016 · 155 posts · 105 votes
6y

Welcome, @Andrew Brown!  I'm in NYC too.  I love living here but it just doesn't make sense to own rentals here.  Have you ever considered investing in Philadelphia?  It's only about 2 hours away, the cap rates are great.  The rental laws are very landlord-friendly and the property taxes are low.  It's a great place to get started if you live in NYC.  There are some good markets in Jersey as well.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 10 votes
    6y

    @Abel Curiel thanks for your reply!!

    Do you have any insight on how I can get access to these deals?

  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Brown:

    @Abel Curiel thanks for your reply!!

    Do you have any insight on how I can get access to these deals?

    Yes! I just sent you a PM. 

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.