Cross border member looking to make new contacts in USA

Cross border member looking to make new contacts in USA

Contractor · Hamilton, Ontario · Member since 2013 · 8 posts · 1 vote

Good morning everyone. My name is Adam and I am on the outskirts of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Attended the University of Notre Dame and graduated in Architecture. Been involved in real estate development for thirty years, dabbling in land subdivision, construction management and my true love, converting historic properties into new uses, mostly loft style residential condos or rentals. I joke around telling people that I can draw a straight line and count to ten and not get confused (about buildings for sale!). My first attempt in the US market took me to the Finger Lakes Region to a four storey downtown vacant property. Let me tell you about the frustrations about a foreigner (although I don't look like one, LOL) seeking conventional financing on an undervalued, promising opportunity. Perhaps this will be our forum to share ideas, concepts, and opportunities freely. I attended a recent seminar on investing in the US and it was worthwhile expereince. So I extend an invitation to dialogue about new individual properties or multi family projects, to make new friends, and to share our joint vision that a dream house or project is out there with our names on it and that those new opportunities may create bigger pockets for each of us.

1Reply
18 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hi Adam
    We are investors & hml's just across the border but also own
    Property in Dundas & Burlington.
    Drop me a pm & we can get together
    We have monthly mtgs here.

  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Hey Adam Stelmaszynski welcome to BiggerPockets! It looks like you have quite a bit of experience in the real estate world, so I'm excited for the knowledge you can bring to the community - especially from a Canadian perspective, eh? (see what I did there!? ;)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.