• Tampa, FL
Votes |
New Investor in Greater Tampa Bay Area

Max Baker
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Posted Jul 1 2020, 18:51

Hi All,

I grew up in South Tampa and moved to New York City to pursue a career in the financial services sector after graduating college. I've been investing in the stock market since middle school, but over the past few years I've grown to see the incredible power of real estate investing. While I knew that I wanted to begin building my portfolio in Central Florida due to my childhood network and familiarity with the area, I was a bit overwhelmed by the prospect of investing out of state...so I pushed it off.

Enter COVID-19. While this outbreak has been deeply tragic on many levels, it has been surprisingly beneficial for my real estate goals. I've worked remotely back home in Tampa since March, and I'll be continuing this remote work for the foreseeable future. Even better, my typically chaotic daily work grind has relaxed, allowing me to double down on real estate education, deal analysis, and networking. 

I'm ready to take action. I'm here to grow my network, refine my education, and build my team. My primary focus is small multifamily / single family buy & hold deals for cash flow in B / C areas. Depending upon the length of my work from home stint, I'm also actively considering house-hack opportunities while physically residing in Florida. 

Please feel free to reach out if you are a like-minded investor in the area who would like to connect. The strategies that I mentioned above are just a starting point, and I'm wiling to be opportunistic with creative partnerships or larger projects if the right deal presents itself. I would also welcome an opportunity to connect with local agents, PMs, contractors, attorneys, insurance professionals, accountants, lenders, wholesalers, etc. I recognize that when I must ultimately move out of Florida, my portfolio will only grow sustainably if I have an incredible team in place. Let's build the foundation for success now while I'm in town.

Look forward to meeting you all and collaborating in the future!

Max

Loading replies...