Investment Club in Los Angeles

Investment Club in Los Angeles

Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 39 posts · 8 votes

Hello,
My name is April. I am looking for an Investment Club in Los Angeles. I recently purchased a second property and I want to do it again & again. Looking to network with like minded people.

0Reply
40 views

Most Popular Reply

CA · Member since 2011 · 762 posts · 182 votes
13y

Hi April,

Go to meetup dot com ... the search term "real estate" will return tons of re investment clubs in los angeles.

Welcome to BP.

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • CA · Member since 2011 · 762 posts · 182 votes
    13y

    Hi April,

    Go to meetup dot com ... the search term "real estate" will return tons of re investment clubs in los angeles.

    Welcome to BP.

  • Lender · Woodland Hills, CA · Member since 2013 · 364 posts · 115 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by David C.:
    Hi April,

    Go to meetup dot com ... the search term "real estate" will return tons of re investment clubs in los angeles.

    Welcome to BP.

    A warm welcome April. You will find Bigger Pockets full of wonderful people like my friend David, as well as many others.

    Since we are neighbors, please p.m. me and I will give you a host of meetups I am already currently attending.

    Much warmth,

    Tevis

  • Rental Property Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    Investclub for women, FIBI long beach, Investors Workshops.

    See you there!

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    Investclub for Women (men welcome, I am a member) meets on the third Tuesday of each month in Studio City, CA.
    Hope to see you there.

  • Specialist · San Dimas, CA · Member since 2011 · 350 posts · 122 votes
    13y

    Welcome to BP!!

    As Will Barnard & Tim Gordon have said: Invest club for women, and Investor's workshops are great choices.

    I also like the FIBI (ForInvestorsByInvestors) clubs. I usually go to the one in Pasadena.

    See you soon!!

    AG

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y

    Good point Arthur, FIBI's are great. Especially Matt Owen's group.

  • Real Estate Investor · Redondo Beach · Member since 2012 · 37 posts · 18 votes
    13y

    FIBI is great their "credo" as it were is no pitching so you will never be asked to by a guru program. I second the two groups Matthew Owens heads up (Manhattan Beach and Long Beach)....If David C is who I think he is, he helps with the Manhattan beach FIBI Group.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Hello April,

    As already stated the Invest Club for Women, Investors Workshop and FIBI (For Investors By Investors) found in meetup dot com are great. Once you start searching you will discover there are many more.

    Two I attend pretty regularly are Real Estate Investors Club - Los Angeles run by Phyllis Rockower and the club formerly known as IRCA now called Prosperity Through Real Estate run by Steve & Robyn Love. Both meet in Culver City just north of LAX. These two are great places to network but be aware they are typically focused around a guru giving their pitch and offering their product/coaching/etc.

    Of course you can find a wealth of information right here on BP!

  • CA · Member since 2011 · 762 posts · 182 votes
    13y
    Originally posted by Scott Meredith:
    FIBI is great their "credo" as it were is no pitching so you will never be asked to by a guru program. I second the two groups Matthew Owens heads up (Manhattan Beach and Long Beach)....If David C is who I think he is, he helps with the Manhattan beach FIBI Group.

    I don't know if I'm the David C you think I am, I only attend the Manhattan Beach FIBI, I don't help with the group. When I go to the MB FIBI I spend the whole day there before I go to the meeting. I ride my bike on the strand all day, then eat at one of the downtown restaurants, then, after my daily dose of vino, find my way up to the meeting. I say "up" because there are some hills when going from the beach to the meeting, "up" has real meaning when riding a bike, not so much when driving. Matthew always puts on a first class meeting, best of all in my opinion.

  • Lender · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    The David C referred to in this case is likely David Coe. He runs the Manhattan Beach club with Matt. Both good guys and a club that's worth attending.

    All the FIBI clubs are good. You can find them at Meetup.com. No sales and no hype.

    Jeff

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    Larry Andershock

    Originally posted by Larry Andershock:
    Hello April,

    As already stated the Invest Club for Women, Investors Workshop and FIBI (For Investors By Investors) found in meetup dot com are great. Once you start searching you will discover there are many more.

    Two I attend pretty regularly are Real Estate Investors Club - Los Angeles run by Phyllis Rockower and the club formerly known as IRCA now called Prosperity Through Real Estate run by Steve & Robyn Love. Both meet in Culver City just north of LAX. These two are great places to network but be aware they are typically focused around a guru giving their pitch and offering their product/coaching/etc.

    Of course you can find a wealth of information right here on BP!

    Phyllis Rockower. Now there's a blast from the past. I think I went to one or two meetings maybe 10 years, when they were at the hotel near the airport. What happens at REIC these days? What do you like about it?

  • Investor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2012 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by David C.:
    Originally posted by Scott Meredith:
    FIBI is great their "credo" as it were is no pitching so you will never be asked to by a guru program. I second the two groups Matthew Owens heads up (Manhattan Beach and Long Beach)....If David C is who I think he is, he helps with the Manhattan beach FIBI Group.

    I don't know if I'm the David C you think I am, I only attend the Manhattan Beach FIBI, I don't help with the group. When I go to the MB FIBI I spend the whole day there before I go to the meeting. I ride my bike on the strand all day, then eat at one of the downtown restaurants, then, after my daily dose of vino, find my way up to the meeting. I say "up" because there are some hills when going from the beach to the meeting, "up" has real meaning when riding a bike, not so much when driving. Matthew always puts on a first class meeting, best of all in my opinion.

    David: let me know when you attend the next MB FIBI. I could make a day of it too. No biking for me, but I have plenty of LA things to do and would love to join you for the daily dose of vino and meeting part.

  • CA · Member since 2011 · 762 posts · 182 votes
    13y

    K. Marie Poe, sure, love to, I'll PM you.

  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2010 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    K. Marie Poe

    I suspect REIC hasn't changed much except that Phyllis while still around has decided to focus more on her investing so Steve & Robyn Love book the speakers and run the general meetings for both clubs right now.

    The networking by far is the most valuable. Some of the paid speakers on the circuit are interesting to hear (their niches and strategies) but then the last 30 min are the windup-to-the-pitch but rest assured they're arms have been twisted to get you a great deal they don't offer anywhere else (at least on that day) ;>)

  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    13y
    Originally posted by David C.:
    K. Marie Poe, sure, love to, I'll PM you.
    And me too, I am in, love Matt's meetings.
  • Real Estate Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2013 · 99 posts · 29 votes
    13y

    I just signed up and will be attending the next Manhattan Beach FIBI. Excited for it to come on April 9th.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.