Newbie in the Omaha, NE Area

7 Replies

Hello everyone,

I am new to the real estate game and I currently live in the Omaha, NE area. I would love to get started in wholesaling and learn as much as I can about real estate investing as a whole. I eventually do want to get into Fix and Flips and Rental Properties. I would appreciate any feedback, so please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks and I look forward to hearing from anyone who responds!

@Andy Mavencamp

Hi Andy! If your goal is wholesaling and then eventually F&F's and rentals your success is going to come down to finding a property below retail. There are several ways to do this from off-market distressed properties or distressed sellers, but also just consistently putting in offers on the MLS. So many times people get stuck in the weeds researching, studying, reading etc. and never actually get started. If you are going to educate yourself, learn how to run your numbers and look at different ways to find off market properties. If you're going to wholesale, start building a buyers list. Bottomline though, you can start putting in offers on the MLS NOW! I think the fear is sometimes, "What if it get's accepted?". If that happens, great! You can always get out of a deal, but you can't get into one that somebody tied up before you.

Hope that helps.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you