I am a college student in West Virginia and I need advice on how to begin my real estate wholesale journey. To start this off I am not asking for a mentor, I just need some encouragement from the community. From wholesaling, I wish to pay off my tuition and to help my parents to pay off their mortgage. Is this even doable? I am getting doubts everyday and I need someone to just give me the push to take the jump and begin. What do I need to start?
My advice, watch this playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playli... She is someone who is young as well just starting and she documents her whole journey while also answering questions on live. Really cool to see the progress from start to finish.
Insurance Agent · Euless, TX · Member since 2020 · 6 posts · 2 votes
5y
@Joseph Mitchem Hey Joseph I am on the same boat as you I’m starting to network and gain more knowledge about the wholesale business. Let’s talk sometime
Realtor · Martinsburg WV · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 3 votes
5y
@Joseph Mitchem
I believe hard work always finds a way to prevail. There are certainly plenty of investors that would be interested in buying a good deal from a wholesaler.
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
5y
Well l first off you are starting early which is great. I became a licensed agent at 18 and I have been doing it for 2 years so far. Closings wise last year I had 23 this year on pace for 50-60 range. I focused on the craft and investing. Investors don't care about how young you are. It comes down to how knowledgeable you are in REI and the local market. If you master the areas people like and neighborhoods you'll be successful. Another part is you have to grind on the phones, networking, building your business, and starting wholesaling. If you put in the time everyday you'll be successful. The beauty of wholesaling is if the deal is great you'll have buyers. Keep going and don't give up.
Palm Desert, CA · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 11 votes
5y
Hi Joseph,
I'm just starting out myself, and I'm 50, even though I feel a lot younger. But, being that your young, that's awesome! I'm trying to start off by wholesaling as well. I don't really need the motivation, because it's already there, and your little push, is what you already mentioned - your college and your parent's mortgage. I believe you want to know where to start or at least more info. I know BP has some great podcasts on wholesaling. There is also this site of theirs: https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/ultimate-beginners-guide-real-estate-wholesaling, which may help.
When your goals are to help others, you will always find the help and success you need.
New to Real Estate · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 1 vote
5y
@Joseph Mitchem Hey Joseph! I started seriously educating myself on real estate a couple months ago.
Absolutely it is doable. It sounds cliche but you can literally do anything you put your mind to. Surround yourself with like minded people, stay positive, tell YOURSELF you can do it and you will do it. If you are serious about wanting to do this then its going to take time and sacrifices. I think your goals are awesome, thats so cool that you want to pay off your parents mortgage. I would love to do the same and believe I will in the near future. Keep that goal in the back of your head along your journey, use it as motivation. Literally imagine walking up to your parents with a huge check man! I think about that everyday, and that is what keeps me going when I feel discouraged.
I highly recommend the bp podcasts and youtube. Both are free and both give you so much information it is insane! Watch or listen to something real estate related and become obsessed with success. We have so many tools to use, you just have to use them, and apply them!
Hope this helped ya a little! Happy to connect in the future.
My advice, watch this playlist. https://www.youtube.com/playli... She is someone who is young as well just starting and she documents her whole journey while also answering questions on live. Really cool to see the progress from start to finish.