First investment property in Port Charlotte, FL

First investment property in Port Charlotte, FL

Investor · Riverview, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 6 votes

Hello all, 

I am trying to buy my first investment property in Port Charlotte, FL, however, I live in Tampa, FL, which is like 2 hours away. I am working with an agent right now. however, I am asking here for recommendations for real estate agents, lenders, property management companies.  I would like to build the team correctly since I am investing "out of town" 

Any recommendations and ideas? I am a new investor so it is important for me to build the team with the right people. 

Thanks to everyone.

Regards, 

Issay  

1Reply
34 views

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2020 · 217 posts · 167 votes
    5y
    Stay in Tampa, long distance ownership and landlording just doesn't work well. And there's TONS of opportunities in Tampa. 
    However, Port Charlotte is a really nice area. 
  • Specialist · 06511 · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    once you made up your mind of long distance landlording, i would make a list of all the big brokerages in town, get a appointment all on the same day and meet with each one of them, 

    feel them out, what they sell, what they do, what they are like, what they can get for you....

    in 2 days i can meet with all brokers in a small to mid size town...and walk away with good enough notes of what and where and whos good... 

  • Investor · Riverview, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Thanks for the advise @David Marasow . It is a small town I should be able to do that in two days.

  • Raymond J. RodriguesBusiness Member
    Lender · Miami, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 797 votes
    5y

    @Issay Gonzalez I have a property in Port Charlotte that I am in the process of renovating and will be selling in the near future. I am also a licensed lender and would love to be part of your team. 

  • Investor · Riverview, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hello Guys, 

    Besides calling places for rent around the area. 

    what other techniques or website can i use to come up with a fair number to rent a property? Especially because I am investing long distance. 

    Regards, 

    Issay  

  • Real Estate Agent · Tampa, FL · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Hey Isaay (Nice name!),

    I hv found some success in comparing rent prices in some of the basic sites such as rent.com; apartments.com also gives u an idea b/c they hv also have private and public rental info with amenities. 
    Also, your realtor shld be able to assist with pricing out rentals in the area via MLS.

  • Investor · Riverview, FL · Member since 2015 · 22 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    Hello

    @Anny Garcia thanks for the information. I will definitely try those sites as well.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.