New Investor SW Chicago Suburbs

New Investor SW Chicago Suburbs

Rental Property Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes

New to the BP forums and looking to connect and learn with others. Bought my first SFH in Romeoville in July and looking for another in the Romeoville, Bolingbrook, Joliet area to build a portfolio. Anyone from the area that would like to connect, I look forward to meeting with you and sharing ideas and insights.

2Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Mark AinleyBusiness Member
Property Manager · Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb) · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
5y

@Sean Gimpert Congrats on your success so far.  Maybe consider joining Joliet Landlord Association which @Gideon Blustein can provide more info on.  I am a big fan of Bollingbrook as the tenant base is pretty good and rents have definitly gone up over the last 10 years.  

See this reply in the discussion

24 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Romeoville, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    I live in Romeoville, that’s where most my flips/rentals, I also dabble with flips in Bolingbrook and Plainfield.

  • Real Estate Agent · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Congrats on your purchase! I'm in Berwyn but have shown a few properties in those areas recently. You're focused on single family?

  • Bolingbrook Illinois · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    Congratulations on your purchase! Also an investor in Bolingbrook, Romeoville, Plainfield and Naperville (rentals and flips).

    Also, good to see you are on bigger pockets too Joe!

  • Rental Property Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Paul De Luca currently focusing on single family as I scale the business. But I do see myself getting into multi family at some point. 

  • Investor · Woodridge, IL · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    So I assuming you are rented it out?  Did you get you rental license?

  • Investor · Romeoville, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    Marco! We need to catch up one day, I’d like to see how your investing is going during this pandemic.

  • Rental Property Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Edward Wodziak Yes, really lucked out on the tenants. Their primary residence was burned down. Their rent is being paid for by their home owners insurance at above market rent.

  • Bolingbrook Illinois · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    @Sean Gimpert definitely nice to have the security and extra $ of insurance paid rent. Wondering how long the lease is for. You will definitely need a landlord license in Romeoville. Look into it if you have not done so already.

  • Bolingbrook Illinois · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    @Joe Rizzatto, for sure! My schedule is pretty flexible this time of year. Reach out to me when you have time to meet up over a cup of coffee! Believe it or not if been pretty active. Sold one flip in May, and I've purchased 3 rentals and put another one under contract just 2 days ago. Flip candidates have been hard to come by though

  • Rental Property Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Marco Anemone We do have a rental license. The lease was originally signed (mid-september) for 6 months with a month to month option. Tenants were hoping to be moved back into their house in 6 months based on construction. But construction on their house was not supposed to start until "Covid cleared up." The tenant was pretty convinced that they would be out of their house for at least a year. 

  • Mark AinleyBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Roselle, IL (Chicago Suburb) · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Sean Gimpert Congrats on your success so far.  Maybe consider joining Joliet Landlord Association which @Gideon Blustein can provide more info on.  I am a big fan of Bollingbrook as the tenant base is pretty good and rents have definitly gone up over the last 10 years.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Coal City, IL · Member since 2018 · 56 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    Thanks, @Mark Ainley. Definitely, let me know how I can help. I've heard mostly horror stories about Romeoville Village Government/Licensing, so glad it is going well with you. Our local group of landlords is a great networking group. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    @Gideon Blustein

    I thought the code enforcement was nit picky. They did allow us to go get a part while they finished inspecting to save a trip and another charge. They hit up all our neighbors for code violations as well while they were out there.

  • Investor · Romeoville, IL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Sean Gimpert that’s surprising they let you do that, I have had dozens of rental inspections in Romeoville, they are never that lenient when doing my properties. 

  • Investor · Woodridge, IL · Member since 2015 · 80 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    Call me crazy, I get better luck when my wife is there for inspection she always passes but not when it is me

  • Rental Property Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    Welcome to BP. This is such a great community. Also, congrats on the SFH purchase. We (the wife and I) are currently going through inspection on our first SMF in Tinley Park to House Hack and rent out our current SFR in West Joliet. I would love to meet up and chat REI. We love the Small Multi-Family's in the all around West and Southwest burbs.

  • Real Estate Agent · Naperville, IL · Member since 2013 · 402 posts · 177 votes
    5y

    @Sean Gimpert would love to connect! I am in Naperville as well as invest here! Congrats on your purchase!

  • Investor · Chicago suburbs · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Hey neighbors.  I am a fellow investor in the Mokena, New Lenox, Frankfort area.  Sounds like you all have been having some success to my west.

  • Rental Property Investor · Joliet, IL · Member since 2019 · 17 posts · 13 votes
    5y

    welcome to the greatest REI network of all time.

  • Investor · Chicago suburbs · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    Thanks Joseph!  

  • Rental Property Investor · Naperville, IL · Member since 2020 · 14 posts · 5 votes
    5y

    Just locked down another SFH in Romeoville, looking to rent out by March 1st. Does anyone have success with section 8 in Romeoville? Any advice?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mokena, IL · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    Does anyone have recommendations for good property managers, hard money lenders and general contractors in the southwest suburbs?  I am getting back into real estate after a bit of a hiatus and am looking to build a team.

    Thank you,

    Scott

  • Real Estate Agent · Naperville, IL · Member since 2013 · 402 posts · 177 votes
    5y

    @Account Closed goes out that far, but if he does, use them!! I am sure he will probably have a referral for someone if not.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Mokena, IL · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    5y

    @Josh Mitchell Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.