New to Real Estate · Seattle, WA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 7 votes
Hello all,
I have not a cent invested in real estate but plan to build a rental portfolio as well as explore other avenues of the real estate game (to be determined as I learn more). I hope to become more active in these forums as my knowledge grows and as I get closer to doing my first deal.
My goal is to close on my first property in approximately 8-12 months which is when I foresee my finances being in line. This first deal will ideally be a small multifamily in which I can house hack.
I have seen so much positivity and support on here and I am excited to grow with this awesome community!
Rental Property Investor · Everett, WA · Member since 2015 · 457 posts · 386 votes
5y
@Jason Delgado Alonzo Congratulations on plan to build a rental portfolio. Properties in the PNW (especially multifamily) are pretty expensive at the moment, but you can still find deals that are a little further out from where the majority of buyers are looking. Spend your time saving up as much cash as you possibly can between now and when you plan to purchase. Some unexpected event will certainly arise once you have found and closed on your investment property. If you have cash reserves, this be an annoyance. It's when you don't that it can be come a crisis.