Newbie: An investor and an environmental provider

Newbie: An investor and an environmental provider

Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes

Greetings all. Ive been lurking around for quite sometime and finally joined.
I myself am a young investor who recently got into residential and commercial real estate on the side a year ago. Not only am I an investor, but I am also an environmental consultant who works with investors, lenders, and developers on a daily basis. Should anyone have any environmental questions, dont hesitate to get in touch with me.

EnviroGuy

0Reply
6 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    19y

    Hey and welcome to the site! I like the niche you're in. Tell us a bit about the environmental consulting. What exactly does that entail?

  • Member since 2008 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Environmental consulting has a variety of different facets. What applies most in the real estate world are what are called Phase I Environmental Site Assessments. Anyone who has purchased a commercial property may have encountered these as often times lenders require them to be performed before loans are approved.

    The best way to summarize what Phase I's are I think can best be summarized by sharing an email that I give to my clients who are unfamiliar with them

    So basically they are a background environmental search and review of the property to make sure that the potential buyer is not getting themselves into a situation where they would be buying a contaminated property.

    That is just a narrow aspect of what "environmental consulting is". But I think that most directly related to the real estate world.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    19y

    Thanks for the answer. Please note our forum rules about posting ads on the site: http://www.biggerpockets.com/forumrules.html

    You're welcome to join the conversation on site, but if you continue to post ad pitches (which have all been removed), you will not be allowed to post any longer.

    Thanks.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.