Looking to network in the NYC and NJ market!!!

10 Replies

Good afternoon

My name is Aniello but most people call me Niel.  I am an investor here in NYC.  I have 20 years experience in the architectural and construction side of the business as a consultants.  I have been dealing with getting jobs off the ground.  From planning to getting plans and paperwork approved by not only the New York City Department of buildings but towns from Yonkers and Long Island to New Jersey.  I figured it was time to work on properties that belonged to me.  So here I am networking and learning.  I would love to meet people to help each other.  As well as get advice from those who started the journey already.  Thank you for your time,  be safe and speak soon.  

Hi Aniello, congrats on deciding to become an investor.  If you haven't done so already, then I would read some books on Real Estate Investing.  The first book that helps you get focused on an area that you think you would excel at is "How To Invest in Real Estate: The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Investing" By Brandon Turner.  I recommend this one as a first read, then branch out from their depending on your focus and strategy.  You've got great experience and bring a lot to the table, but it's best to learn the investing side so that you are aware of all aspects of investing. 

Good luck in your journey.

Hi @Aniello Belfiore , welcome to the group.

Great to see someone with your experience. I'm in central NJ and looking to network and(hopefully) partner with individuals who would like to get a project or two under my belt in the next year.

@Steve Velez Thank you for reaching out to me.  I am looking for fix and holds in the NYC and out laying areas.  I think it would be a good idea if we connect and network together.  Feel free to contact me and lets link up.  Have a great day and be safe.  

@Nick P. Good morning Nick.  Thank you for reaching out to me.  I would have no problem linking up and trying to help each other.  I will also be doing flipping as well as buy and hold.   I have contacts to various contractors here in the NYC area.  Feel free to contact me and lets try and help each other out.  Have a good day. 

@Craig Anderson   Thank you for taking the time to reach out to me and give me some advice.  I have actually read a few of Brandon's books already including the Ultimate Beginner's guide.  Along with about four other books from bigger pockets.   A great wealth of information.  I am also constantly listening to the bigger pockets podcast for additional information.  I understand while i will never know everything there is to know about real estate having knowledge is the key to growing.  I have put in the time and effort to learn and network.   Now the next step is getting that deal that will get my journey started.   

Thank you again for taking a moment of time to give me words of advice.  While I know I am in a very difficult market to work in, I also understand there is a way to solve every obstacle.  I look forward to the journey.  Have a great day and please be safe. 

@Aniello Belfiore

Hi! I'm also looking to network with other people looking to invest in NYC! I'm an agent that specializes in rentals in Uptown Manhattan. I'm also looking for properties myself in that same area so let's connect to share what we know with each other to accelerate your path of investing! Stay safe and have a great weekend!

@Aniello Belfiore

Hi Aniello - I'm in NJ, some what new to investing as I only have three properties in the Virginia area. I would definitely like to connect with like minded people and help each other obtain the success we are all looking for.

An accountability group.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thank You,

Orlando

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you