New to investing in real estate!

New to investing in real estate!

Rental Property Investor · Michigan Center, MI · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes

I’m a very new investor into real estate. I am trying to read every book I can get my hands on, listen to every podcast, mix that with taking advice from those books, podcast, etc., I feel as if analysis paralysis has set in before I even get started. I’m looking for maybe any advice you can give to a novice on how to take action? Thank you in advance!

0Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew SyriosPro Member
Moderator
Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
5y

Welcome to BiggerPockets JaVon and best of luck investing!

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2020 · 459 posts · 305 votes
    5y

    I have seen a lot of seasoned investors say, start with the money.  If you get financing for whatever you are trying to do, it will make it real and start the process.  Know what you are looking for, check Brandon's Crystal Clear Criteria.

    Good Luck!

  • Lender · Logan, NM · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 34 votes
    5y

    Find someone that will hold you accountable to start taking action and set a penalty if you don't. Use this to motivate yourself. Mental game is hard. Good luck.

  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    5y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets JaVon and best of luck investing!

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan Center, MI · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Andrew Syrios thank you!! I’m excited to be here

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan Center, MI · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Lee Judd I just finished reading “Atomic Habits” by James Clear, and he talks about that strategy. Accountability partner and habit tracking! Thank you for the advice!

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan Center, MI · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Thank you @Stephen DeThample! I will definitely be checking Brandon’s criteria and have some capital to get started right now. I’m just trying to learn more but I need to take action!

  • Lender · Logan, NM · Member since 2017 · 77 posts · 34 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @JaVon Flowers:

    @Lee Judd I just finished reading “Atomic Habits” by James Clear, and he talks about that strategy. Accountability partner and habit tracking! Thank you for the advice!

    HAHA maybe thats where I got that from. Heard him talk on podcast but haven't read his book. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Michigan Center, MI · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Lee Judd Absolutely great book! I highly recommend reading it!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.