Seeking help to begin investing in Fort Walton FL

Seeking help to begin investing in Fort Walton FL

Rental Property Investor 路 Orem, UT 路 Member since 2020 路 9 posts 路 8 votes

Looking to purchase 1st out of state rental property in the Fort Walton area. Would love to chat with anyone already doing this, or potential partners.

I bring a vast amount of construction experience and visit the area twice a year. Will be visiting in March and would love to attend a meet up if any are held in the area.

Please let me know I鈥檇 you have any information of the area.

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Charlie CameronBusiness Member
Investor 路 Niceville, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 450 posts 路 366 votes
5y

@Trent Hardy howdy! I only own one long term rental in the area but there are a lot of BRRRR type activities here. While you CAN do okay with smaller townhome style long term rentals in FWB, BRRRRs tend to be a lot more profitable (and in some cases necessary to have a decent cash flowing rental). Also a great short term rental market from Okaloosa island FWB through PCB.

Our team runs an investor meetup (search Niceville meetup) once a month. Would love to see you there! 

The RAL Room Assisted Living Mastermind
See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Charlie CameronBusiness Member
    Investor 路 Niceville, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 450 posts 路 366 votes
    5y

    @Trent Hardy howdy! I only own one long term rental in the area but there are a lot of BRRRR type activities here. While you CAN do okay with smaller townhome style long term rentals in FWB, BRRRRs tend to be a lot more profitable (and in some cases necessary to have a decent cash flowing rental). Also a great short term rental market from Okaloosa island FWB through PCB.

    Our team runs an investor meetup (search Niceville meetup) once a month. Would love to see you there! 

    The RAL Room Assisted Living Mastermind
  • Rental Property Investor 路 Orem, UT 路 Member since 2020 路 9 posts 路 8 votes
    5y

    Hey Charlie,

    Thank you for letting me know. I鈥檇 love to attend. I鈥檒l search it right away. 

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Tampa, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 464 posts 路 452 votes
    5y

    @Trent Hardy - There are plenty of opportunities in the area!   I've tried replying to your message earlier, but BP keeps taking them down by claiming that I'm self promoting 馃檮  I hope to see you at the meet up in March! 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Orem, UT 路 Member since 2020 路 9 posts 路 8 votes
    5y

    @Matt "Roar" Gardner thanks for reaching out. I鈥檒l be in the area the first week of March, but would love to get in contact sooner if you鈥檙e available. 

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Fort Walton Beach, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 219 posts 路 275 votes
    5y

    @Trent Hardy great choice in picking Fort Walton Beach! (I'm very partial to the area, lol.) I live in Fort Walton. I own 3 vacation rentals here and manage vacation rentals for others as well. I own a boutique vacation rental management company. I also sell real estate here. If you have any questions about the area, etc. feel free to sent me a message.

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Orem, UT 路 Member since 2020 路 9 posts 路 8 votes
    5y

    Thanks Villy! I'm excited to start. I have family that does a vacation rental out there. My hope in a few years is to have my own as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Inlet Beach, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 199 posts 路 111 votes
    5y

    @Trent Hardy

    Welcome, Trent!

    My wife and I have owned since 2018, and moved to 30A permanently last year. We are in a similar situation.

    I missed the meeting in Niceville just due to travel time for me, but I did find a Zoom meeting to attend that is the last Tuesday of each month:

    Real Estate Investor Networking (zoom meeting) https://www.meetup.com/FWBRealEstate/events/tqkcvryccfbnc/

    I can't vouch for this since I have not attended.

    I'm only starting my networking so I expect to make progress in this front in the next 90 days.

    Real Estate is nuclear here so there's got to be tons of information and meetups, etc. Just want to catch the wave.

  • Real Estate Agent 路 Tampa, FL 路 Member since 2018 路 464 posts 路 452 votes
    5y

    @David A Lisowski - I hope to catch you this month in my BP Meetup in Niceville :)    There are a few other meetups in the area for sure -- One in FWB ran by Heather Blatz and another on Okaloosa Island ran by @Matt Robinson (The Professional Investor's Guild) -- I'm not sure if Arianne is still doing the Zoom meetup, but she is also a fantastic human being!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Orem, UT 路 Member since 2020 路 9 posts 路 8 votes
    5y

    Thanks @David A Lisowski ! I've definitely seen a difference in the past month. The market is exploding. I'm down here this week right now and will definitely attend the next zoom meeting. Thanks for sending me the link. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.